Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove .mp3 extension from song name

Solved!

Remove .mp3 extension from song name

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I added some local files to my Spotify playlist. However unlike spotiy songs, the songs from local files come with a '.mp3' extension so the song name in spotify displays as 'filename.mp3' as opposed to just 'filename'. I tried hiding file extension from local directory but it does not seem to work. Is there any workaround to this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, that is very weird. At least for me, it doesn't show the file extensions in my Spotify local file song names, even though I have them turned on for my local directory.

Now the name of the songs in your local files folder in Spotify only changes, when you turn the local directory where the song is saved on and off after changing the name of a title. Did you try removing the extensions from your local directory and then turning the local directory on and off as a source for local files?

I hope this helps, and if not, please let me know, so I can try digging a bit deeper into this. The same goes for if you don't understand my explanation.

I wish you good luck and a great week.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, that is very weird. At least for me, it doesn't show the file extensions in my Spotify local file song names, even though I have them turned on for my local directory.

Now the name of the songs in your local files folder in Spotify only changes, when you turn the local directory where the song is saved on and off after changing the name of a title. Did you try removing the extensions from your local directory and then turning the local directory on and off as a source for local files?

I hope this helps, and if not, please let me know, so I can try digging a bit deeper into this. The same goes for if you don't understand my explanation.

I wish you good luck and a great week.

Thanks! Don't know why but your solution worked!

Suggested posts