Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+ 

Operating System

Android Pie and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since January 28th my two personlised playlists (Repeat Rewind, On Repeat) don't update themselves anymore. My daily mixes and release radar still do, though.  I've no clue why and could not find any information about this issue online. Any help is highly appreciated! 

15 Replies

Hi @eveiif, thanks for writing.

Have you checked if your apps are up to date?

My first suggestion is that you try a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if this fixes the problem:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Let me know how it goes 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Morning!

I have a similar problem. My repeat rewind and on repeat playlists are populated with songs that I haven't played! I don't share my account with anyone else so not sure how this would occur. I've done a clean install (that was worrying as my mac is old and the downloaded version wouldn't work! Thankfully I've kept a copy of an old download!) but it's not changed at all.

Any clever ideas?

Hi @Semmtexx,

I'd sign out from all devices and then reset your password, then log back in to see if it works.

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same for me.

Hey there @jeltesneek,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mention that you're experiencing a similar issue - just to confirm, similar to what @eveiif or what @Semmtexx described?

If it's similar to what @eveiif is describing, it'd be a good idea trying the steps @Bittencourt shared in that case. If those don't do the trick, we'd suggest unfollowing the playlists, logging out and back in, then following them again to shake things up.

We'd also recommend making sure to listen to content outside of these personalized playlists in the meanwhile.

On another note, if what you're experiencing is closer to what @Semmtexx mentioned, we'd suggest making sure to follow all the steps listed in this support site article first. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi. Will I lose all my playlists if I reinstall Spotify to update Repeat and Rewind?

Nothing seems to work.
Logged out of all, re-installed on both PC and iPhone. Followed steps in article above but both On Repeat and Repeat Rewind do not update.

Please help.

iPhone 7
Windows 10 PC

I had the same problem with my on repeat playlists not updating. This seemed to have happened from the time I had liked the playlist (a month ago or so). I therefore unliked the playlist and the next day it was updated with new songs.

So here I am again. The problem was resolved last time, but I cant recall what eventually worked.

Now it happened again. My repeat rewind has not updated since 06. July. I have tried everything mentioned above:

• clean re-install
  • log out from all devices, new password 
  • Follow and unfollow the list and wait 24h or more

Nothing has worked. I'd very much appreciate further help!

Hi.

My Repeat Rewind playlist hasn't updated since 9th September. My On Repeat playlist is updating as normal (last time 18th Oct).

I've tried a clean reinstall of the app and that's made no difference. The app is up to date.

Any other ideas?

Thanks! 

Hi @surbijon,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Some of these playlist don't update weekly, but rather when there is enough sufficient information to compline a new playlist. If you haven't listened to many new songs/albums outside of your recommendations playlists this might take longer.

Also if you're listening to music on multiple devices it might be worth logging out everywhere and back in. This will force an account wide sync. You can also try a clean reinstall on all of your devices, to clear any corrupted cache. 

Hope you find this info useful 🙂

AlexModerator

I don't have a satisfying answer for you. I tried the logging out, the
clean re-install, following and unfollowing and nothing happened, for about
a month. Then, all of a sudden, it updated. No clue why. Its a nuisance,
but I guess you just need to be patient.

Best

Hi @eveiif,

Thanks for letting us know that your playlist Updated.

As we mentioned earlier some playlists take longer to gather the sufficient date in order to generate a new collection of songs.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Thanks eveiff. I'll follow your advice just wait and see what happens!

Seems a pretty pointless playlist if it doesn't update. There is definitely data there because the On Repeat playlist updates every few days without problem and changes to reflect what I listen to. I listen to Spotify for several hours every day whilst working. I've done all the logging out, clean reinstalling, etc etc etc. I only use my phone to listen to Spotify.

Eventually this seemed to sort itself out by me not listening to anything on Spotify for a week

Suggested posts