Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resetting music suggested based on listening history ?

Resetting music suggested based on listening history ?

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

In the last couple of years my Discover Weekly and Release Radar offerings have become so hugely NOT the type of music I like that I barely have a couple of songs I lie each time. This never used to be so bad. I also keep getting a lot of Scandinavian offerings even though I barely listen to those. It's like my profile is someone else's. Is there a way to reset my history so the algorithm choosing songs can offer me better suited songs?

1 Reply

Hey @Sparkytwo,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we can confirm there is no way currently to reset your listening history and we'd like you to know that we understand where you're coming from. We'd like to add some insights about this behavior. Keep in mind those playlists (e. g. Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly) are created by Spotify based on your recent listening activity. We suggest you make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity. 

Also, make sure you're listening to music not only from other recommended playlists like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but from the Search option as well. Keep in mind that if most of the music you listen to comes from your personalized playlists (like Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Daily Drive) the new suggested content won't be as accurate. It's worth mentioning that these playlists update regularly, so please give them some breaks, explore some new music, and check in the coming weeks.

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us. We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about it in our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

We think these are great ideas too! That's why we'd suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them in the three-dot menu. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about these. Even though the status of one of them is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. 

We appreciate your feedback. We know you’d like to make this as an opportunity for Spotify to become an incredible app.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts