Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

STILL randomly deleting songs in playlists

STILL randomly deleting songs in playlists

Hi

This is a well-known but so frustrating problem. Songs i add in my playlists gets taken away randomly.

And no its not because they are unavailable due to licensing, they just mysteriously gets removed from my playlist....? This has been going on for yeeeaars and no rescue in sight, as it seems.

This is a big issue, Spotify knows because many have reported this but why wont they fix it? While they're at it they can fix the shuffle algorithm. It's so broken i sort my lists by titel/length as shuffle then play normally.

We are just going to have to live with these huge flaws or...?

I've tried everything on my end, it's not device/software related

13 Replies

Hi there @simonforfan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear about this. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific playlist? For an example a Collaborative playlist,?

We'll be in the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there.

No, it only occurs in my playlists. Note i said lists, plural. I don't know why Spotify doesn't want me to have certain songs or why shuffle isn't shuffle at all, its one of life's mysteries...
Think i reported this maybe 5 years ago? Still unsolved

I've tried everything on my end. Uninstalled/reinstalled apps, cleared caches, reset account, changed password, revoked app permits, copy+paste songs to a new playlist. You name it, i've done it..

Hey @simonforfan,

Thanks for the reply.

Are the playlists from which the songs get removed created by your or are you following them and they're created by another user? Could you send us a link to such a playlist, so we can have a look?

Could you also share mote information on your experience with the Shuffle function?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey

No it's from my own library namely two lists in which this occurs. I'm aware songs are sometimes temporary unavailable, this does not seem to be the issue. 

Playlist 1: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1QbyMk89IF7KTgcczzwxVH?si=TRlF0URhSPW8Fl6bz3_sgw&utm_source=copy-l...

Playlist 2 :

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7gc2gtrVTCEMCl07JGBgak?si=WEbNKBtNRP2DaNB_-VeRwg&utm_source=copy-l...

My experience with shuffle is that after a while it gets very predicted. Even though i have a list with over 2500 songs i find myself hearing the same artists/same songs even 

Thanks for your service so far, awaiting your reply 

Hey @simonforfan,

Thanks for the links and the reply.

Sometimes the record label of a song can not only remove the song from Spotify, but upload a newer version of the song in place of the old version. This way the old song will not be visible in the playlists anymore. You can check this by searching for the songs removed from your playlist in the Spotify library. If this is the case indeed, you'll be able to find the new versions via the Search.

Regarding the Shuffle feedback, you can have a look at this idea and vote on it. How your feedback can reach Spotify, you can find out here

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

No i do not believe that is is the problem. 

Just now i noticed one song had disappeared but two other songs from the same album were still in my list. 

There is something shady going on here, ghosts in the machines, illuminati dont want me to hear certain songs.. its really weird!! 

I just had 3,000 songs removed off my liked playlist for some reason. Why Spotify why, why do me like this, that took years to create that playlist that I use on a daily basis.

Hi there @CalvinMiller18,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know when exactly the songs have disappeared from your Liked Songs, and if they were songs from the same artists or time period? The more info about this you can give is the more we can help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, this problem has also been happening to me for a while. It’s getting a bit annoying and after the new update, the liked button isn’t showing on my phone, so I mostly always check on my Apple Watch.

When I notice it’s been removed, I add the songs straight away so the most recent 10 or so of my songs are songs that were removed from my liked songs by Spotify. I checked like 3 of these songs and all of them completely different release dates, one in 2015, one in 2021 and one in 2019. They are not from the same artists and I think that they get removed whenever I listen to a playlist. It’s not something about not having Spotify premium because I’m currently on a 3 month free trial. It also happens to my sister and she said she thinks it’s because they’re songs i haven’t listened to in a while, which I think is true but there’s also other songs that haven’t gotten removed yet that are song as old.

Hi there @Harsh7,

Thanks for the post and sharing your feedback with us.

Some songs do get removed from the Spotify library due to licensing issues and they might appear grayed out or get removed completely. There are occasions when these songs get added back to the Spotify library under the same title/ year, but sometimes they get re-uploaded as other versions of the song with new metadata and new "Date Added". 

Songs don't get removed from your Liked Songs if you haven't listened to them in a long time.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If it is because of licensing issues why do they so many songs get removed so often?

It removes around 3-4 songs every time I start a new mix.

my spotify has all of these issues too and all of the songs deleted off my playlists are posted and available for listening still. it’s a huge glitch a lot of people have problems with i learned and sadly there is no solution other than try to remember what’s been removed and add it back until it stops

Suggested posts