Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search spotify song based on local mp3

Search spotify song based on local mp3

Hi everybody,

I have a very basic question and I know there must be an answer to this, because I can't believe I am the first one to ask this.

I have around 2000 songs on my pc folder (mp3) which I collected over the last 10 years. I want these songs in Spotify, but the only thing I can find online is how to import mp3 files. I do not want this. I want Spotify to scan my music library and find the songs that are available and put them in a playlist, so I can have (almost) the same library as I achieved in the last 10 years. Is this really so hard for Spotify to integrate? Every user had to download mp3 files in the past and frankly I do not want to use Spotify if I have to type in every song by hand. I don't like to use my own mp3 player and switch back and forth if I want to listen to a certain song.

Is there a solution to this, and if not, why doesn't spotify offer such a simple basic solution? I already know that this will make loads of new users very happy.

Tks

1 Reply

Hey @cqueirozbr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Currently, Spotify doesn't have an option to scan the audio files on your PC and add the songs available on the platform to a playlist. The only option available at the moment is to import your local files into a single playlist by following the steps mentioned in this article.

If you think other users will like this feature too, you can post an idea so it can be voted on and reach the relevant departments to be taken into account. We'd also recommend checking our guidelines to avoid any early rejections.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts