Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Recommending songs in Catalan

Solved!

Stop Recommending songs in Catalan

Plan

Premium (family)

Country

Spain

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Once a playlist ends, spotify stars playing songs automatically. For some reason, it always plays some of them in Catalan, which I don't like at all. I strongly recommend to add a feature allowing users to select which languages they like songs being recommended on. 

My only suspect is that spotify recommending engine is choosing songs based on other family users choices, as we are part of a family plan. Does it make sense?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @gorchito,

Welcome to the Community!

Currently there is now way to manually select a preferred language for recommended songs and ads. Those are based on your listening habits and what's most popular in your region.

There are other users who also feel the need for such an option. You can head over to this idea and show your support by adding your +Vote

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @gorchito,

Welcome to the Community!

Currently there is now way to manually select a preferred language for recommended songs and ads. Those are based on your listening habits and what's most popular in your region.

There are other users who also feel the need for such an option. You can head over to this idea and show your support by adding your +Vote

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem. I tried to access the "idea support" you mentioned, but it shows the message "access denied".

I am Spanish, I speak Spanish, and I do NOT want that songs in Catalan to play automatically on my Spotify. Thinking seriously about moving my account to Amazon Music.

Thanks,

Pablo 

Hi there @pablo753,

Welcome to the Community. 

You can check out this idea. Or if you wish you can also submit a new one. Just make sure you follow our Community guidelines.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have the same problem.
I'm Spanish, I speak Spanish, and I DON'T want to listen to Catalan songs automatically on my Spotify. If I listen to something in Catalan, it should be because I decide to do so, not because it appears by default in the lists of new releases. I can't find a way to filter the news to listen to music in Spanish or English only. You should consider giving that option to users.

Thank you and best regards.

Rafael Ramos.

Suggested posts