NEXT STEP

Song appears in my recently played that I've never listened to

Song appears in my recently played that I've never listened to

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

For the past 6-8 months, I've had a song appear in my Recently Played and I've never listened to it. I know it's not something that's been in a playlist, because it's not even remotely similar to the music I listen to. I listen to Spotify nearly every day, and no matter what I listen to, this song remains in the Recently Played, usually as the third or fourth most recently played song. I thought maybe I had gotten hacked and someone else was using my account, so I logged out of all devices and changed my password. Then, I went into my Recently Played menu and removed the song and it no longer shows up there, but remains on the Recently Played menu on my home screen. Anyone have any ways I can get rid of this? In addition to it being annoying, the song is "Take Your Pants Off" with album artwork of a guy with his pants around his ankles. Not really what I want people seeing on my computer screen at work...

1 Reply

Hey @brett_weller,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome.

If you've come across songs unexpectedly added to your Recently Played, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing your account in an unauthorized way.

For this purpose, it'd be great to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date. As a heads-up, make sure you check immediately the steps in the first article under Passwords and Remove access to third-party apps since they'll help you make sure no one is accessing your Spotify through any of your credentials or other online services eventually linked with your account.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts