Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not downloading

Songs not downloading

Yesterday i downloaded all my song in my new phone (Xiaomi MI A3). Today when i opened the app it told me to login again. I logged in and all my songs were not downloaded. Now everytime i try to download them it shows me the "downloading" notification but after a few seconds it disappears and the downloading stops.

In other words, i just can't download my songs.

5 Replies

Experiencing exactly the same issue on A3. Feels like in the beginnin it worked, but then stopped.

Hey, i managed to solve it.
Basically i had a SD card in and somehow it was corrupting the downloads.
I removed the SD card then reset my phone to factory settings, then it was solved.

SOLUTION (for me at least)!

Ok, the SD thing gave me an idea and I managed to fix my issue.

I once inserted an SD card and then later replaced it with a different card.

The thing is that Android remembers those SD cards and Spotify had started downloading to the first card. But when you replace the card, it still waits for the old SD card to be inserted, so it does not download anything to the new SD.

Solution (Android 9): Go to phone settings -> Storage -> locate the old SD card and "Forget" it.

Now Spotify understood that the old card is gone forever and the new card should be used.

Reseting phone to factory seems very excessive. Probably just formatting the SD would help.

Glad you could do it.

Suggested posts