Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

IQOO Z3

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

As soon as click on play button, the app crashes.

I have tried troubleshooting at my end as follows:

• Login, logout
  • Cleared cache files and data files.
  • Reboot device

Facing issue with recent update, app is working fine if download previous version APK file and then install.

Attached a screen recording

13 Replies

Same issue on iqoo 7 5g

Hey @apasraal and @khannaboptom,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

First we'd need to make sure you're performing a clean reinstall of the app as described on this page. Also we don't recommend you using older versions of the app due to security reasons.

As this issue seems to occur on the same brand of phones, it may also be connected to some settings in the device specific Android version. Could you check if you've set Spotify as an exception in the battery/memory optimization settings on the phone?

Does the issue occur with different internet connections or different accounts?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @dian,

I have already performed clean installation not only one time but many times since I am facing this issue. And also reviewed the battery/memory optimization settings, tried changing internet connection and Spotify account as well, but still the issue is persistent. Mentioning again, the problem is only after updating the app to the most recent version.

apasraal_0-1654422740614.png

Hey there @apasraal,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We understand that this started happening after the latest Spotify update. In this case, could you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates?

On another note, would you mind logging out > restarting your phone > logging back in to see if that makes the difference?

If the issue persists, could you try disabling any cache-clearing or task-killing app to check if that does the trick?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have already tried logging out> restarting your phone > logging back in, also I don't use cache killing app and also have marked Spotify as unrestricted in battery optimization settings, sent screenshot in last post.

Hi there @apasraal,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to make sure, have you checked if the OS of your phone has any pending updates?

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone and check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

OS is upto date.

Hey @apasraal,

Thanks you for the troubleshooting steps tried and the replies.

Our tech team is currently working on a fix for the issue. It won't be long before it is resolved, but we can't give a definite timeframe. We advise you to keep the app up to date in the meantime.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same issue here ..started happening recently only after last update or previous one I guess...app closes when I click play..mainly if it was sitting in background..starting the app again and then clicking play solves this issueI'm on Samsung s22 all updated .

I have this issue but in iPhone 11 just today as I clicked on a new play it just crashed I was like OK.. try again close app etc nope it plays the one song it was on but I can’t play any new tracks or playlists etc. i haven’t updated the up before this happened. Any actual fixes? On latest IOS maybe this is issue? But that was last night it played fine all today and yesterday now this happened out of the blue I’ll try log out and clean reinstall and come back ..

Hi I posted earlier. I found a QUICK SOLUTION THAT MUST MEAN ITS ACCOUNT RELATED! 

MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND YOU WILL BE GOOD. THEN PLAY A SONG THERE  LOG OUT AND BACK TO YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT AND SEE IF IT WORKS BUT IF NOT USE THE NEW ACCOUNT??? Must be related to the account idk? Anyone worse try this? It wokrked for me on IOS latest as of today and latest Spotify app thanks hope this helps 

EDIT: my account is still **bleep** but Atleast my new account just use  another email address. Works fine.. just no playlists I will make some for this and try fix later as I’m out I want to listen to music not screw with settings**bleep** lol 

so doesn’t fix old account but allows you to listen to other music and Play button works on new account..? Weird 

I've been even this issue randomly over the last few weeks.

I may have found a fix that worked for me, there's a setting called "Automatically adjust the quality" (or something similar, it's a simple toggle). It was off, I turned it on, then back off and no more crash when pressing play.

Not sure it's even related but I'll still share the tip :v:

Suggested posts