Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps hiding the same artist without me choosing to hide it.

Solved!

Spotify keeps hiding the same artist without me choosing to hide it.

i have been dealing with this for a week and for some reason the app keeps hiding the artist Drake. I know how to unhide i, but after 10 minutes i find it hidden again and unable to play any song by the artist. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Annihilater1 and @anvallenc912,

If this is happening with other artists as well, and you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps I mentioned in my first reply - then I’d recommend checking out this Ongoing Issue. Make sure to add your +VOTE and add any requested info. It’d also be useful to subscribe by clicking the three dots at the top right hand corner of the page. 

Hope you will find this useful. I’ll be here if you need anything else in the meantime!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Annihilater1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps

If that doesn’t help, let me know if this only happens with the artist Drake or other artists. Also, let me know if this happens on WiFi or on a cellular data connection. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have re-installed it as asked. The problem appears to only be with drake, also it occurs on both wifi and cellular data.

Hey @Annihilater1,

Does the issue persists after the reinstall? If so, attach a screen recording of what happens from the time you unhide Drake to the point where he shows back in the Hidden section.

Looking out for your reply! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I'm having the same issue with Macklamore. 

Yes it does continue. On both pc and mobile. Also I'd give you a screen recording, but its saying it doesn't support .mp4 and after saying it does support .mp4 when I try to attach it. I'll try to attache it again when I get home from work.  I think the recording is to big ill do it again later

@Billy-J can I get an email from you? I cant get the screen recording under 5MB. 

Marked as solution

Hey @Annihilater1 and @anvallenc912,

If this is happening with other artists as well, and you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps I mentioned in my first reply - then I’d recommend checking out this Ongoing Issue. Make sure to add your +VOTE and add any requested info. It’d also be useful to subscribe by clicking the three dots at the top right hand corner of the page. 

Hope you will find this useful. I’ll be here if you need anything else in the meantime!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the same problem.  I uninstalled all the apps and reinstalled them.  I restarted all devices. I just used one device and uninstall the rest.  I even closed my account and started a new one with a different email and I get the same problem.  I notice too if you use the desktop app for Windows you can't ever play the song again.  It always says "You must unblock it on your phone first" It doesn't work even if you do that.  It's a bad problem because you can easily accidentally hide an artist that you like. Which is why I deleted my original account 

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue with Imagine Dragons, annoyingly one of my favourite artists. 

No

It happend to me i accidently clicked hide artist then i clicked play this artist but after i click play this artist and close the app it goes back to being hidden and i cant play the artist. Also after curtain amount of time it will go back to being hidden super annoying. 

Suggested posts