Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlist, date added column not appearing

Solved!

Spotify playlist, date added column not appearing

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

(MacBook 2020)

My Question or Issue

this is happening with only one of my playlists for some reason (typically this one is my main one which has over 1k songs on so would like to fix this), I am unable to sort by date added, instead it has been replaced with a release date column, I can select the date added from the drop down section but it doesn't appear as a column and because of this I am unable to sort by newest songs added to oldest. I have done everything Spotify have told me to do (Re-download the app and clear it off the Mac) but it is still not helping. I would really love to sort this out as it is very annoying. Furthermore I have also seen people say to fulll screen it but I have and it still doesn't help.

thanks

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 16.58.22.png
25 Replies

Hi @BytesG,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in with a different account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Tried 2 accounts and no issue on both

Hi @BytesG

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

This looks like an issue with your main account. In this case, we'd recommend creating a new account here to see if it works as expected.

If it does, you can check out this article that describes how to start over with a new account. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Zooming out worked!!

Hi - can't seem to find a solution to this here and I need to ask a specific question. In around September 2021 I created a playlist for a Facebook group. This playlist has an 'added by' column which is really helpful to identify who's added what and also help people find their own contributions easily. Last week (Mid April 2022) I created a similar playlist for a different Facebook group and started it by copying across 50 or so tunes from the first playlist .

But on this second list no 'added by' column has appeared and in the settings I can't find anything to create one. Any advice please?? Thanks!

Hey @jsham,

Thanks for the post.

The "Added by" column appears only on Collaborative playlists. You'll need to right click the playlist (or click the 3-dot menu) > Invite collaborators and send the link to your friends 🙂 This will make the playlist Collaborative, other people will be able to add/ remove music and the column will appear.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts