Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlists don't load for significant amounts of time (45 minutes to an hour)

Spotify playlists don't load for significant amounts of time (45 minutes to an hour)

Plan

Free

United States

Device

Macbook 2010 (A1342), but affects all OSes of desktop I have used 

Operating System

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, but affects all OSes of desktop I have used 

Whenever I open Spotify on any of its native Desktop editions (not including Web Player, or any mobile edition), it takes several minutes every time to load any playlists. Especially if they are extremely large (I have been sitting here on a gigabit connection waiting for over 30 minutes now and my "Liked Songs" still haven't loaded, it is a little over 3000 items long). I expect it to take a while to download and sort the entire set, but not 30 minutes long. 

This has been very frustrating as sometimes in the time it takes to get into my playlist I have already passed the time to listen to it.

It seems like the only way to fix it is if there is an update available and you force the application to update itself or reinstall the program using the installer exe or copying it again. (most likely clears cache or some local information when the program gets updated or replaced). Which can also be an annoyance if the update takes a while to complete, or wait for the program to get over-written.

1 Reply

Hey @shejan0,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As you perfectly guessed, it'd be great for you to try with a clean reinstall and start with a brand-new as well as the latest version of the Spotify app to see if what you reported gets fixed.

Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how the clean reinstall procedure works for your device.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts