Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing particular liked songs?

Spotify stops playing particular liked songs?

I’m on iphone and i have lots of liked songs. There are particular songs which I have liked, and while playing they stop at a certain point (different point in each song). The music stops, the timing stops, but the middle button is at pause, as if its still playing? ive tried logging out/in, uninstalling and reinstalling, my phone and app are up to date. PLEASE HELP as this is driving me mad - i cant listen to my liked songs any more 😕 Naomi
7 Replies

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. This seems odd. Let's take a closer look into this.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if it just happens when you're playing music from your liked songs or not?

We also recommend that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it to make sure there's no unauthorized activity on your account.

Let us know how everything works after you've done the following above.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am having the EXACT problem....if i reinstall/delete the app, will all my liked(saved) music, be completely deleted off my app/account?

Hey @tcdpgenca4bvdoicizs,

Only the offline downloaded music.
Your liked songs and playlists will remain unchanged 🙂

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, and now I’m removing the likes from the songs.. It’s really annoying +++
Re-installing the app isn’t a great solution sorry!

spotify team, please try to fix this MAJOR bug, thank you!

Hey @Melmehdi,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

On another note, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, and just to confirm, is this happening on another mobile device at this moment? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm having the same problem updated the app and now my liked songs won't play. Can see this has been an ongoing issue for a lot of people with no resolution. Very poor customer service 0 out of 5 stars

Having the same issue updated the app and my liked songs won't play. I've tried clean reinstall updating nothing works. This is obviously an ongoing issue for a lot of people and Spotify have done nothing to fix the problem. Very disappointing 0 out of 5 stars for customer service.

Suggested posts