Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly unable to see/search my local files

Suddenly unable to see/search my local files

Exactly as the title describes - I wanted to add some local files to my playlist but I simply cannot find them! And non of my other local files are showing either unless I go to a playlist where I know I have them. Any ideas? Have only noticed this with the recent update.

PhoenixofDhewm_2-1636379461345.png

I have the setting on for this, these files are located in the correct drive.

Also you can't tell in the playlist that files are local? iirc there was a little icon next to them that looked like a page that indicated as such.

PhoenixofDhewm_1-1636379247055.png

The "IA/00" local album does not appear in search either, though the files are playable from playlist.

5 Replies

Hi there @PhoenixofDhewm,

Thank you for reaching out about this in the Community!

Would you mind letting us know your devices' make, model and OS version, as well as the Spotify version you're running?

Also, if you haven't performed any troubleshooting, it's good to start by running a clean reinstall, this way you can make sure the app will be free from any leftover cache. Please follow these steps to do it. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MafeG, here's my specs 

PhoenixofDhewm_0-1636624586800.png

My Spotify Version is 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367

Hey @PhoenixofDhewm,

Thanks for your reply.

To confirm, did you run a clean reinstall of the app with the steps in the link @MafeG shared above?

If that doesn't do the trick, try moving your local files to a different folder, then enable that folder in the app Settings > Show Local Files.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have to ask, will a clean install break the playlists that have local files already? Will I have to add the files again even if they are kept in the same location?

Hey @PhoenixofDhewm,

The clean reinstall would remove any downloaded content you have, but your Local files should remain in the playlists.

However, since you'd be changing the folder where your Local files are stored, you might need to sync them all again.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts