Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The "add songs" option doesn't show me any songs in English for my playlist. Please help :)

The "add songs" option doesn't show me any songs in English for my playlist. Please help :)

I'm a Spotify Premium user. My country is set to Romania, but it used to be in the UK. Also, I use Spotify on Android.

I make use of the "add songs" to playlist option. I have an extensive trap music playlist, 90% percent of it being in English and 10% in Romanian. It used to be that the suggestions were mostly in English, but now all the suggestions for this playlist are in Romanian.

The thing is that I'm looking to add English songs. I'd make a new playlist, however this one has 400+ songs and I don't want to lose them.

I know that there's the "discover weekly" playlist to choose from, however I preffered the "add songs" functionally, as it gave me more songs to choose from.

I have attached screenshots, depicting the issue. 

I should also mention that the suggestions for my House music playlist are in English, so this seems to be a problem related only to my Trap playlist. 

If anyone knows how I can change the suggestions to English, please let me know. 

Thank you 🙂 

Screenshot_20200409_182656_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20200409_182701_com.spotify.music.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @phil960

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Looking at the screenshot you've sent us we can see that you have the option to swipe left and right among 4 slides. Can you try swiping to see what other genres might show up?

We're suggesting this as the slide on the screenshot specifically says Romanian trap for you, which excludes music in English language.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the next slide (picture attached) only shows me generic rap music, which either I already have on my playlist, or just isn't to my taste. The suggestions don't seem to be related to the music that I currently have in my playlist, but instead are generic rap music.

It used to be that the first slide would show me English trap suggestions, related to the songs in my playlist. Now I even deleted all the Romanian songs from my playlist, and still have the Romanian Trap suggestions on my first slide. 

Would it be possible for you to access my account and fix this problem? I would seriously appreciate it, as it's really annoying that I don't have the ability to grow my playlist at this point. 

Thank you 🙂 

Screenshot_20200416_112516_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @phil960

Thanks for getting back to us. 

For security reasons nobody can access your account, even to troubleshoot an issue as such. You're the only owner of the Spotify account and only you are supposed to access it. 

The suggestions you receive are based on your listening habits and history and unfortunately it's not possible to change them as they get regularly updated. There are many variables involved and it'd be hard to take control on your suggestions considering all of them. 

However, keep in mind that Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience by regular app updates.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts