Timing of daily mix updates

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

My Question or Issue

The timing of the daily mix list changes are unfortunate:

* I've 2 daily mixes set to be made available offline on my phone

* at ~7am I open spotify to give it an opportunity to update the downloaded mixes

* around 8:15 when I actually jump on my bike; both mixes contain non-downloaded content

I guess that the mix content have change around 8am which is very unfortunate for me...

* either having a way to adjust the time the daily mixes are updated would be nice

* or probably adjust the update time of the mixes based on the location of the user; I live in Europe/Hungary ; for me 2am would be great

cheers,

Zoltan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @CuriousWizard,

We would be happy to explain how the Daily mixes work. 

If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. 

Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated again using the existing pool of your liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

Hope this helped out.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @kgyrtkirk,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community. 

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

As an employee, what times do Daily Mixes actually update?

Marked as solution

Hey @CuriousWizard,

We would be happy to explain how the Daily mixes work. 

If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. 

Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated again using the existing pool of your liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

Hope this helped out.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts