Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Top Songs / Artists last 6 months statistic

Top Songs / Artists last 6 months statistic

How does the "last 6 months" statistic work? It changes drastically the first of each month, so I am sure it either counts 5 full months + all the days of the current month or 6 full months + all the days of the current month. Which one is it?

8 Replies

Hey @Wurmmann,

Thanks for posting.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the statistic in question? You can use the insert photo option in the post editor, just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Keep in mind that if this is a third party app service, their support team would be best suited to answer your query.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No no, it's not something a third party app came up with. They are using Spotify API and part of your API is a statistic that shows you the top artists and tracks of the last 4 weeks, 6 months and all time. I am curious what exactly 6 months means, as it changes the first of each month. Does it count 5 full months +  of this month, or 6 full months + all the days of the current month?

Hey @Wurmmann,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Note that the Spotify API is free to use and we feel that the statistic you're referencing could be developed from a third party. Please include in your response a screenshot and we'll happily take a closer look.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator

Before I send the screenshot I gotta know one thing: are you saying the third party app modified the Spotify API? Or they are not using the Spotify API at all?

The site I am talking about is statsforspotify.com

Hi there @Wurmmann,

Thanks for your reply.

Since statsforspotify.com is third party service and they are not directly related to Spotify we can't say for sure exactly how their algorithms work and if they use the Spotify API or not.

For more accurate information on the Spotify API and the services that make use of it we'd recommend reaching out to our Developer Support team.  

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Thank you. 

Third party apps aside, how does it work on Spotify? Spotify API has stats for last 4 weeks, last 6 months and all-time, right? 

Does the API always count 6 full months + all the days of the current month or 5 full months + all the days of the current month?

• It's been a month so I guess my message got lost. So I am now bunping the thread up to make it visible again.

bump again since i also curious about this issue

Suggested posts