Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring Playlist from another region

Transferring Playlist from another region

I have recently moved from the UK to Australia. I have Spotify Premium in both regions. I am unable to get my playlust from my UK device (iPhone 8+ with iOS 12.4.1) to my new Australian device (iPhone XR with iOS 13.1.2). I have managed to share it with my new device however I can't add to it and it appears as if I am just following someone else's playlist. Any ides how to rectify this or am I left with the daunting task or downloading it all again?

4 Replies

Hey @MattyK_14,

Welcome to the Community and to Australia.

It sounds like you might have accidentally created another account. There's some information about finding other accounts and logging in over here.

Let me know how you go! 

Hello mate. Thanks for the tip. Sadly though it just tells me I have an AU account. No mention of the UK account I had previously however Spotify is still charging me for it, which prmpted this inquiry as I have another thread on the subscription side of things wondering how I cancel the UK one. I fear I have proper muffed it and have lost everythign and may have to start over 😞

So it turns out I have a second email address I completely forgot about and now things seems to be transferring over OK. Just need to now cancel my recent subscription to the AU account. 

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me out.

Great, sounds like you're back on track. Have you thought about keeping your current Spotify Premium subscription? Without it, you won't be able to download playlists to listen offline or always be able to choose your tunes. There's more info about all the benefits of Spotify Premium over here.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let me know; I'm always here for you!

Suggested posts