Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Unliked” songs not being removed from “liked songs” on Artist page

“Unliked” songs not being removed from “liked songs” on Artist page

I’ve had Spotify for a number of years now, from back when you used to favourite an album and it would automatically like every song on that album for you. I have since spent a large amount of time unliking songs that I didn’t feel warranted being liked, so as to make my liked songs playlist purely my favourite songs. This worked perfectly, however whenever I go onto an Artists page it still shows all of the tracks I have unliked under the liked songs heading at the top of their page just under the artist photo. Is anyone able to advise on how I remove these?

the attachments show on the artist page for Kendrick Lamar 52 liked songs, however my liked songs playlist show

Thanks

premium plan

Uk

iphone

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 11.11.05.png
Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 11.12.18.png
Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 11.12.32.png
3 Replies

Hey @Beneathapollo!

You seem to be using the Liked Songs feature as intended. We view it as a playlist of songs you really like and have collected from different sources, to be easily found in one place. Like your favorites.

Whenever you like a whole Album on the other hand, it gets added to your library so you can easily find it and listen to it later. Something like a bookmark and a recreation of a real-life shelf full of CDs that you can browse through and play.

Now, the artist page does list tracks from albums you have added to your library. So as long as you have some Albums saved, the artist page will show liked song. You can test this out by removing some albums from your library. You should notice the liked songs on the artist page decrease.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I seem to be having a similar issue! I have a song that I’ve removed from my likes and yet it still appears under the liked songs at the top of the artist’s page. I didn’t have the coinciding album liked but this song persists in my account. What can I do?

Hey. I think I found the solution which is to go into the “liked songs” section at the top of the artist page. On the right hand side of the song there’s 3 dots, click on them and scroll down to “view album”. From there you should be able to unlike the song. The problem I had was that Spotify seems to have multiple version of albums that all seem to be the same, as I can’t see what the difference is between them

Suggested posts