Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unusable load times [Android]

Unusable load times [Android]

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3A

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

After the new update, my loading times have gone up exponentially. I used to be able to load my playlists and album libraries with ease (took about 1 second to load). Now when I click the albums filter (or any other filter) it will only load the first ~30 options and when I scroll to the rest it takes upwards of 5 minutes to load. The search feature is also almost broken for me, as if I search for more than one artist in a session, it won't be able to load that artists page for 3-4 minutes, and even then it takes another 3-4 minutes to load their discography page. I also have had to close and reopen the app if I want to move from the search page to my library, as it will not load when I move from one to the other. This update has made the app basically unusable for me (I can't wait 10-15 minutes to load just 1 song/album) and I will likely be moving to a different streaming service if it is not resolved soon.

6 Replies

This issue needs highlighting more. I completely agree with @m72l1_q-e26id here

I have a Note 20 ultra (so can't blame phone) but it is borderline unusable trying to scroll through my albums, waiting for the list to update. God forbid I want to listen to an album by an artist beginning with a letter further down the alphabet as I will be waiting all day. The snappiness has gone and this needs fixing asap

Hi there @m72l1_q-e26id and @David_Corcoran,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. 

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

We also recommend that you double-check so that you have enough storage on the device.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did a clean reinstall as soon as I looked on the FAQ site. That did not work. I have also tried with two other internet connections and over 4G LTE and the issue stayed exactly the same on each connection. I have over 11 open GB of storage on my Pixel 3A. 

Hey @m72l1_q-e26id

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you experience the issue across different networks and after performing a clean reinstall it's possible that this is related to your Spotify account. It'd be helpful to try logging in to a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue.

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Similar to @m72l1_q-e26id I did a reinstall. No joy

Try a different Spotify account? What terrible advice/workaround is that?

What if I have no other account to log into?

Clearly, this is a server/cache issue with the new update that needs remedying 

Hey @David_Corcoran

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

We recommend checking if users observe the same issue when logged in to another Spotify account since this will let us know whether it might be account-related. In case the issue turns out to be related to the account, you can easily transfer the content from your old account to a new one. 

If you don't have a second Spotify account you can ask a friend or family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your device, or simply create a test account for this purpose.   

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts