Video podcasts don't show up

Plan

Premium

Country

aus

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21, Windows 10 laptop

My Question or Issue

Video podcasts are not showing up on my phone or laptop. I have checked in settings and nothing is checked to do with video settings. I have only ever seen a video podcast once, so I know it is possible but it hasn't shown up since then.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 215745.png
7 Replies

Hey @Arj8n,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you able to see the video podcasts with a different account?

It's also important to turn of any VPNs if you're using some.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That worked but I want to use my account

Hi @Arj8n,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand that you want to keep your old account. However It seems like it might be a glitch on your account.

We recommend that you create a new account and double-check so that you can use the video feature on podcast. If you can, check out this article that provide you steps on how to transfer playlists from one account to another.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It's more than an attachment to my account or whatever, I've paid for a premium subscription. What do you want me to do about that? 

For reference, I have seen a video podcast on my account, once, last year. 

Hi there @Arj8n,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that it might seem like a big step to transfer accounts, but it doesn't take very long actually. Sometimes certain features could stop working or get broken on older accounts and the best thing to do is to transfer your playlists to a new one. The subscription can't be transferred unfortunately, and you'd have to cancel and re-subscribe.

If you don't want to go through this, you can try going into your Spotify app settings and checking if the setting under Video Podcasts > Stream audio only is switched off. This could be causing video podcasts not to play, but I assume you've already checked that.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't understand why this is your only solution. Why  is it that older accounts don't have access to features, I have paid money for a yearly subscription recently and it would just be a waste of my money. Why can't you offer any real customer support?

Hi there @Arj8n,

Thanks for the reply.

As Community moderators we don't have access to your account data and can only offer solutions which have been reported by other users with similar issues.

You're welcome to reach out to our customer support team through one of the channels here. They can check your account backstage. However since this issue is occurring only on your original account, it's most likely related to the account itself.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts