Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the difference between "Remove from profile" and "Remove from Your Library"?

Solved!

What is the difference between "Remove from profile" and "Remove from Your Library"?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Web UI

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I right click on a playlist, what is the difference between "Remove from profile" and "Remove from Your Library"? (Only appears on playlists by other people, not lists I have created)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @denhamcoote,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

“Remove from profile” is a playlist privacy setting that will prevent a playlist from displaying on your Spotify profile; whereas “Remove from Your Library” will not only hide the playlist from your Spotify profile, but will also will cause you to unfollow it and thereby remove it from Your Library (where you can find all of the playlists that you’re following, created by other Spotify users; as well as all the playlists that you’ve created yourself).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @denhamcoote,

“Remove from profile” is a playlist privacy setting that will prevent a playlist from displaying on your Spotify profile; whereas “Remove from Your Library” will not only hide the playlist from your Spotify profile, but will also will cause you to unfollow it and thereby remove it from Your Library (where you can find all of the playlists that you’re following, created by other Spotify users; as well as all the playlists that you’ve created yourself).

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thank you for the swift reply, Trey.

As a follow-on, what then is the difference between "Remove from profile" and "Delete" when it comes to my own playlists? I assume the same - Delete will kill it, remove from profile just means others won't be able to see it?

Hi @denhamcoote,

Thank you for your reply!

That’s right; when it comes to your own playlists, “Remove from profile” will hide the playlist from showing on your Spotify profile, and “Delete” will remove the playlist from Your Library.

If you’ve deleted a playlist within the last 90 days, you can get it back by following the steps in this support article, under “Recover deleted playlists.”

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hello! I have removed from profile (by mistake) a playlist that was made in collaboration with another person. How can I undo this action? It's there possible to recuperate the playlist?

Hi @LauraMarinescu,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If the collaborative playlist is set to Private, it’s expected that the option to add it to your Spotify profile won’t be available.

However, if the playlist is set to Public, then you should be able to add it to your profile (regardless of whether you created the playlist or are a collaborator). 

If the playlist is set to Public and you aren’t able to add it to your profile, can you let me know the exact make/model of your device and its operating system version, as well as the Spotify version that you’re running? Also, can you let me know if the issue is happening only on one device?

AdamDamSpotify Star

If you delete the playlist from your profile, does it mean people won’t be able to see your name when they go to that playlist?

Hi @BTSinaDress,

At the moment, there isn’t a way to hide your display name from appearing under a playlist that you’ve created.

Even if you remove the playlist from your Spotify profile (by clicking the playlist’s 3-dot menu), then as long as the playlist is still set to “public,” your display name will remain visible under the playlist title to anyone following the playlist or to whom you’ve shared the link to it.

However, you can deny access to your playlist altogether to other Spotify users by setting the playlist to “private” (this option is also available by clicking the 3-dot menu next to the playlist; you’d just need to select the “Make private” option there). Note that setting a playlist to “private” also hides it from any other users' profiles, removes it from search, hides it from all other users’ libraries, and hides all the followers/likes and collaborators (if collaborative) on the playlist.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts