Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are some random songs and newly released songs already downloaded to my library

Why are some random songs and newly released songs already downloaded to my library

I’ve noticed that some random songs that I barely listen to have the green download arrow next to them when I search and view them from the album.
I thought I might have them in an old playlist but then it happened with a newly released album it thought something was wrong, as shown in the pictures. 

The album released at midnight (Artist: Fredo) and I looked at it at 2:47am, where I found that it was already downloaded even though the songs are not in any playlist or liked and have only just being released. 
I’ve also not found anyway to un-download them because I don’t know where they are downloaded in the first place. 
This doesn't happen for every album (Artist: 21 Savage) as shown in the pictures. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kinngdom

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

8DFA7CC3-25CB-45F3-83F8-79EA22097256.png
5EC6C7CE-B20F-41DD-9FF5-7B004A6F4CDC.png
9D480B21-32C9-43EE-8CDF-1B8A6A5D5D85.png
1 Reply

Hey there @LukeDelaney1

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of the app or your device's OS. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts