Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is a song on my playlist is suddenly greyed out?

Why is a song on my playlist is suddenly greyed out?

I was able to play this song not even 24 hours ago. I cannot find any information too why its now unavailable. Since it was available in my country originally. Also, an acoustic version of the song is still available.
7 Replies

Hi @RainyDayTaco, thanks for writing.

If a track is greyed out, it means that it's currently unavailable in your country. Availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library if you have this music as files on your computer.

You can also paste the song link here so that I can check in which countries it's available 😊

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

Je me permets de vous solliciter car j'aimerais écouter un titre mais celui-ci est grisé, impossible pour moi de l'écouter pourtant c'est titre que j'affectionne beaucoup et qui est trouvable nul part ailleurs, le titre en question est : Kirk hunter - Newsline

Merci d'avance pour votre précieuse aide à mon problème.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

HP Omen

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It is not the first time i come across an album where one or a coupe songs are unavailable to play (greyed-out). I find this unnerving cause i pay premium and the whole album should be available and not just a percentage of it. It can't be licensing cause the songs in the album are from the same artists/songwriters. We are not talking about a compilation here. This is unacceptable.

Please make an option to flag such songs so those in charge become aware and make them available.

Last example here: https://open.spotify.com/album/6nQyndMocWAyLR8v6DO1Zv

Track 5 from Disc 1 unavailable. All songs have the same songwriter and lyricist.

Hi, my song Arise from The Seige is greyed out. I tried finding the setting "show what songs are unavailable", but I didnt find anything. I did enable explicit content but it didn't work.

I had I just joined Spotify not to long ago and when I went to Spotify one day I that not one but some of my songs that I listen to is greyed out and unavaible and I wondered why and now I am trying to get back my songs that are grey, back .

Having similar issue, read up and it says something on it not being available in my market..? I don't know what this means either.

Golden Earring's first acoustic album the Naked Truth used to be available but its songs are now greyed out.  It has been unsearchable and greyed out on old playlists for quite some time.  Both Naked Truth II and Naked Truth III are online and available, so is this some kind of oversight?

Suggested posts