Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is there a hidden playlist that shows up when I hover in the side nav

Why is there a hidden playlist that shows up when I hover in the side nav

Hello,

I have a Spotify family plan and when I use it on my MacBook Pro (2019), there is a space in the middle where all my playlists show up. However, when I hover over that blank space, the name of the playlist shows up. How does this playlist show up in the middle of my other playlists and how is that featured enabled to make it hidden except when you hover it?

Thanks,

Peter

spotify1.jpg
spotify2.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @mercadop, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try expanding the left sidebar to see if that helps?

It could be that the playlists name is too long.

Keep me posted 🙂

Thank you @Loxer. When I hover the names comes up but it is not longer than any other visible ones. When I click on it, the name actually shows ups as 'by violet-a' but when I click on another playlist, the name is represted by a blank space in between the previous and the next playlist. The attached images in the original post shows what I mean. 

Thanks.

Hey there @mercadop,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

It sounds like the playlist's title is empty which would explain why it's showing up as blank space in your Playlists section.

Further, when hovering over another user's playlist that you're following, you see the user who's created it - which here is the "by user" part. Since the playlist title is empty here, it would explain what happens when you hover over it.

Hope this helps clarify things! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you. Although, the playlist is clickable and I can see songs in them which I tend to listen. There is a owner for the playlist "violet-a" as well but I don't recall following that one. It's not that big of a deal, just curious how a playlist can appear that way in the nav bar.

Hey again @mercadop 🙂

To clarify, even if a playlist doesn't contain a title name, it should still be accessible. Further, if you're following an untitled playlist, it should show up similarly to what you see now.

With this in mind, if you're unsure about following it, you can unfollow it anytime by clicking the heart icon to remove it from Your Library:image.png

Hope this clears things up! If there's anything else we can help with, let us know.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Got it, it now makes sense. Appreciate the help.

Glad to hear this helped @mercadop!

Feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions - we'll be happy to spotify:track:0tGGG7oLrFupxDcL5bTFV1

Have an awesome day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts