Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is this album pinned on my home page?

Why is this album pinned on my home page?

Hi,

I listened to the Medic Droid album “what’s your medium” once a few months ago and ever since it has stayed pinned at the top of my Home Screen as attached. 

The album is only available in the US, where I listened, but now I’m in the uk where the album isn’t even available. So it’s pinned but can’t be played. 

is there a way to remove it? it isn’t liked, it isn’t saved, it isn’t downloaded, no idea why this one album has stuck. It’s literally been months, I listened to it for emo nostalgia but now it’s just shaming me. It shows on both the web and mobile apps. 

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

/Premium

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone 12 Pro 

Operating System

iOS 15.0.2

My Question or Issue

5C1C77F6-5C5C-4137-ACDF-52431B67F4DD.png
3 Replies

Hi @Criticaleye,

Thanks for the post!

Currently there is no way to manually remove items from your start screen. This Idea has been discussed here, check it out for more info.

What you can do is listen to other podcasts/ albums and those should appear on your start screen. You can also try logging out and back in twice in a row, as this will force sync your account with the servers.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questons.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This does not help at all. As you can see attached, I listened to the album once on August 7th and not once since. I use Spotify daily to listen to many things. Why has 3 months worth of other artists and albums not removed it already? There is a problem here and that needs to be addressed. 

I have logged out and in countless times, even twice in a row. Hundreds of songs and tens of albums have been played since august. 

why will this not go away? It isn’t even available on U.K. Spotify which is who I’m signed up with, what’s the point in any of this? Why can a refresh or a clear not be forced server side? I’m literally getting close to cancelling my account to use Plex or a similar competitor who actually have functioning apps 

E62E360B-8D7C-42C7-8BE5-6186F0405313.png
9042BA1C-4329-4377-BFF7-B34473AD2C14.png

Hey @Criticaleye,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from and that this behavior isn't ideal.

Instead of logging out/in, you can try restarting the app twice in a row to see if this helps with the resyncing. If this doesn't do the trick, we're afraid there isn't an option to refresh this on our end. However, we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right teams.

We suggest to keep listening to your favorite music and make sure to keep the app updated so that section is eventually updated.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts