Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrapped Completely Wrong

Wrapped Completely Wrong

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have logged into my Wrapped for 2021 and it is completely wrong, all the songs in the top 50 I have never heard of in my life, let alone listened to. I don't even know the artists.

I have attached a photo of what spotify has given me as my wrapped and also a screen shot from www.statsforspotify.com. As you can see they are completely different.

I trust the www.statsforspotify.com one as that is what I have been listening too this year.

Can anyone at spotify look into this and give me a correct wrapped please.

Thank you

stats 2021.png
top 2021.png
Top Answer
MafeG
Spotify Legend

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel the results are not accurate. We'll make sure to pass the feedback to the teams in charge, but take into account that it's not possible to change the results as they're final.

Since you don't recognize the songs and artists that are being displayed, we suggest you follow these steps to secure your account in case somebody else had access to it.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

26 Replies

I am listening spotify literally everyday for at least 3-8 hours and its not possible for my yearly minute count to be 36.388 minutes. Is it possible that there might be a glitch or a bug about that minute count? Or why could it be?

Hello folks!!

Is it me or is the spotify wrapped for this year extremely inaccurate? My top 1 song I haven’t listened to in months, and my total listens were 29 times? I’ve listened to other songs about 100 times more than my current #1 song!?!?!? I feel so cheated lol and was curious if anyone else was experiencing the same thing

I haven't experienced your situation exactly, but I know they don't include streaming data for Novemeber and December every year. There's a lot of great songs I had on repeat last month that didn't show up at all. Definitely not 100% accurate going from 1/1 - 10/31. Hopefully they update this 

I noticed it and so did my daughter! I don’t even know the lyrics to my #4 song! And I’ve definitely listened to wayyy more hours of podcasts. 

Yeah, mine is all wrong. And I can compare it to my Last.fm stats so there's no doubt. It's excluded the album I've listened to the most BY FAR because it came out early November this year, and gets the order wrong for a few others songs.

I'd say that, besides the results being very different from the other years, my Spotify Wrapped 2021 was accurate, except for one thing: the top genres list.

My top #5 genre is one that I don't listen at all and didn't even know that existed.

I find it strange that there is not even one song in my Top 100 Songs playlist (also generated by Spotify Wrapped) from this genre. If this is really my 5th most listened music genre, I believe there should be at least one song there.

On my top 5 list, there is a song that I've never ever listened to before! I don't even know the artist of that song.

Also my number one is definitely wrong because I am pretty sure there are some songs that I've listened to at least 2-3 times more than my nr 1...

I have the same issue! The first 6 songs of my wrapped I have never ever heard of them and never listened to. So annoying...

The worst is that I cannot remove them from the playlist. Spotify, please allow us to remove songs from the wrapped, please!

I even changed my password because I thought my account has been hijacked, however everything else seems fine...

Check out www.statsforspotify.com

I'm not on commission from them, it's just a site I found that will give you a more accurate view of your top songs. It also creates a playlist in Spotify for you. Only downside is it gives just 50 songs. But it does have a 'Top of all time' option too.

Best thing to use until Spotify sort this out

Hey.On my top 5 list, my number 1 song I like but haven’t really listened to this year, this was very surprising. The rest of it made sense, including top artists.

Yeah, i really like my first song and listened it really much; but exactly
as you said, not this year's most.
And i also have this " what the f* is this song" situation 😂
like I've never heard it before...

yep me too, i know artists that i listened to the whole year and multiple of their songs like Hozier, cat stevens and the clash that i listen to quite alot and they didn't even appear in any one the 102 songs of the wrap. 

In the "two truths and a lie" part, it says a truth is an artist I don't even know (off the top of my head) is my top artist across my playlists or something. I'm sure there is a random song from that artist in a playlist or two, but otherwise... also, songs I know I binge listened to weren't my top song. A song I got bored of at the start of 2021 and hardly listened to was my top song at 27 listens. I know 100% I listened to other songs more than that. Checking out that link for stats!!

The song that was my "top of the year" didn't show up even on my top track list of the last 6 months according to the statsforspotify website.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Android/Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The song I listened to the most this year was "Lament for the fall on Constantinople". I know this because I listened to it nearly every day this year. Not only is it not in my top 5 songs on my wrapped, it's not even in my top 100. 
May be worth noting I mostly listen on my desktop using the app and not as often on my mobile. 

I know my 2021 wrapped top artist isnt in the order of most played because I have others i play way more. How are they ordered and why?

I totally do agree Spotify Wrapped is completely not accurate and I’m so disappointed!
I had a song as my most streamed songs of the past year I might have played once and which I don’t even like, so the outcome really surprised me. On the other hand, the same happened to me last year, so I shouldn’t be surprised at all.
“Wrapped” seems like a nice feature and service, but since music is very important to me, I’d like to be taken serious with this and I’d like to recognise myself in it. If Spotify can not give me an accurate summary of what I really streamed the past year, they better leave this service behind in the future!

I totally do agree Spotify Wrapped is completely not accurate and I’m so disappointed!

I had a song as me most streamed songs of the past year I might have played once and which I don’t even like, so the outcome really surprised me. On the other hand, the same happened to me last year, so I shouldn’t be surprised at all.

“Wrapped” seems like a nice feature and service, but since music is very important to me, I’d like to be taken serious with this and I’d like to recognise myself in it. If Spotify can not give me an accurate summary of what I really streamed the past year, they better leave this service behind in the future!

#wrapped

My wrapped is also very wrong and full of songs I have never seen or heard before.   Pretty disappointing because I always look forward to the end of the year when I can review my songs.  I sure someone at Spotify needs to check their code around the creation of this playlist.

Suggested posts