Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really like an annual event every user and fan of Spotify waits the whole year to share their Wrapped cards with their friends on Social Media or to check out how was their listening experience over the 365 days of the year...

Taking another step, and after listening to the users, Spotify is launching a new experience when it comes to following the listening stats... Welcome to Your Sound Capsule.

Initially only available in Brazil, India and IndonesiaYour Sound Capsule is a brand new way to keep up with what you're listening to each month of the year, including information like:

• how many minutes you spent listening to content
  • your top artists
  • your top songs 

IMG_6759.jpgIMG_6760.jpgIMG_6761.jpg

You can also get some exclusive insights into the Proportion of Your ListeningStreakUnlikely CombinationsTotal Listening Time, Throwback, and Top x% Listener.

• Proportion of Your Listening

You will get insights into the proportion of the time you spent listening on Spotify that month. You'll see which playlist/artist you spent more time listening to, considering the total listening time.

• Streak

Are you a huge fan of an Artist? Then you probably listen to them in a sequence of days, right? You can check it out on your capsule.

• Unlikely Combinations

If you are like me, you probably listen to the most different genres ever and only you can understand the unlikely combinations you do when listening to your favorite songs.

• Total Listening Time

Are you curious to know how many minutes you spent listening to your favorite songs in the month? Here is the definitive stat!

• Throwback

It showcases some songs or artists you were listening to a lot a few months ago and gives you the opportunity to a throwback. It's excellent to know how your music taste has evolved through time... 

• Top x% Listener

Are you feeling yourself a huge fan of an artist or a specific song? Your Sound Capsule can give you the answer and showcase if you are a top listener.

The insights you can get on Your Sound Capsule are countless, and just listening you can unlock all the possibilities of it. Don't forget to keep your Spotify app up-to-date to start the game!

IMG_6764.jpgIMG_6765.jpgIMG_6766.jpg

You can access Your Sound Capsule by following these steps:

1. Tap on your Profile picture
  2. Scroll and tap Your Sound Capsule
  3. Choose between the different types of listening stats

No more words, as you already know how it works, it's up to you to explore the possibilities on Your Sound Capsule, as part of your Spotify Premium experience (not included on Premium Mini). Enjoy it! 

For any feedback on the matter you may have, you are more than welcome to share it with us below on this thread.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
68 Replies

Hi, @churrotentacles 

As I mentioned in the post, this feature is only available in three countries: Brazil, India and Indonesia yet. Once it reaches more countries and regions, I’ll let you know in this post. 🙂

LuanSpotify Star

everything here sounds interesting except throwback cuz in the last few months my taste drastically changed so...

i actually use mobile anyway no no prob!

It's been two days since the last update on my capsule, I listened on both mobile and PC, but it seems that the PC status is ignored, so the stats are only mobile listens?

I have a problem 

The quality of songs in preview version and the actual song is not the same

For those interested users in other countries or on desktop computers or not having a Premium account you can check out Last.fm as well. You can enable scrobbling to your Last.fm account in the connected apps which is a free feature.

I have spotify premium but I haven't been able to view the spotify time capsule feature whilst everyone else I know has it.

I hope this gets rolled out to other countries it looks great!

You know how this sort of data would actually be useful? If it was used to keep track of how many plays a song gets in a given playlist so that it stops playing the same f***ing songs over and over again every time you have to restart the playlist. Or even tracks the number of plays for any given song so you're more likely to hear songs you don't hear often

I live in India. Can't I see my time capsule on my Macbook? and if yes then how? 

Initially only available in Brazil, India and IndonesiaYour Sound Capsule is a brand new way to keep up with what you're listening to each month of the year

So your country is included in the test rollout, but it might only be available on mobile devices.

Same here i am seeing the only data for may and no june data is showing which is so much cringy and it doesnot like to fixed when i tried it show to sign up again your session is loged out. but i am login in and then its option says see more here for your issue from the help but it doesnot fixing my issue.

I live in turkey and i dont have the sound capsules too how do i do that?

hi is the spotify sound capsule available in Singapore yet? can’t seem to have it. my plan is the premium family. 

Also not in whole Europe

XimzendRising Star

i have problem with my account charutos online [external link removed by Mod]

When is it available in germany? Nothing till now...

Your Sound Capsule is a unique feature that offers personalized insights into your listening habits. It provides a detailed overview of your favorite genres, most played artists, and top tracks. By analyzing your music preferences, it helps you discover new tunes that match your taste. For a comprehensive look at your music journey, "  visit this website " [external link removed by Mod] to dive deeper into your personalized listening stats.

I would like a way to view my Spotify stats like in the Spotify wrapped every year, year round without having to deal with 3rd party sites that work only some of the time. Id like to see my top artists and songs, listening time, percentile of listeners, etc without having to wait for January.

That's cool, thanks for sharing.

Is there a way (as a non-artist/curator) to find out how many streams and/or listens a public playlist has? As in a playlist that I've made myself. I know how to see how many 'saves' a playlist has, but this figure doesn't represent the amount of listens or demographic of listeners. 

For example, a YouTube video shows how many views and also shows the demographic of viewers via the 'Analytics' tab. However, I am interested to see if there's a way of finding this data out on Spotify as well. 

I look forward to a reply. 

Tom 🙂

Suggested posts