israel

Device

iphone 11, lenovo laptop

Operating System

ios 14.4.2, windows 10

spotify version

8.6.22.1228 on iphone, 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076 on pc

My Question or Issue

hi, no matter what i've tried to do to let my spotify sync my local files to my iphone: marking "show unavailable songs in playlists"' uninstalling spotify on both devices, creating a hotspot using my cellular data, using different file locations, creating seperate playlists, enabling spotify at the firewall, etc. i just can't sync my pc local files to my iphone. spotify does show that one device is available for syncing as both devices are on the same wifi, but as i open my playlists on both devices, spotify won't show the local files, even not as grayed out, on the playlist using my iphone. as i try to download them simultaneously at both devices, they are both downloaded but without the local files at my iphone at all.

94AD7A42-8256-4CBE-B551-3B0F7442F653.png
C6A37495-0FA2-4D58-9404-D84989D4E532.png
image.jpg
25 Replies

okay as i was in a bus on cellular data ofc and added an album to a playlist that i’ve already downloaded and all of a sudden the local files have synced and were ready to play. i hope it’d last

Hey @anitaitunin

Thanks for sharing the good news! 

We're glad to hear that things are now working properly for you. Sounds like the origin of the issue might be connection-related.

Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

hello, any updates? I've had the same issue, nothing at all worked... lol

Hey there @deividddd,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you can't sync your local files from your PC to your phone. Can you let us know what model devices you're using and what exactly is happening - are the files appearing on your phone grayed out or not at all?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I'm also having the same issue. 

I currently have an Iphone 13 Pro.

The computer is the Macbook pro 2017. The files appear grayed out when I try to play it on my phone. (Basically the same issue the OP was having). I also tried everything and nothing has worked yet.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try the steps from this page, as recently there was a change in how the Local Files are implemented in the app. You'll have to have the files physically present on the device you want to play them on in order for the app to discover them.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts