Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

curating or alternatively Purging listening history?

curating or alternatively Purging listening history?

Hello,

I have changed listening habits heavily since I last used Spotify, making the recommendations rather worthless.

I assume it will slowly get better, but I am wondering if there some way of curating it besides just waiting.

Either purging, or asking Spotify not to recommend me artists, albums and songs anymore?

With Netflix and the like I can just make new profiles, but here I would have to pay a high subscription, which seems kind of bad as I have no interest in sharing my Spotify, I just want to get rid of old data. 

I can also delete playlists and the like, but I have a lot, and it takes forever to do it one by one, I'd rather delete all? 

(in short I am focusing on music in my target language and have zero interest in listening to my old recommendations).

4 Replies

Hi there @randName1,

Thank you for reaching out. At the moment, there is no option to reset the listening history and/or recommendations for existing accounts. The only workaround is to make a new account where you can start fresh. We already have some Ideas in the board for similar features here and here. Have a look and feel free to use those to voice your feedback 🙂

Hope this clears things up.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Both seems ok? being able to edit and remove things from your history is both great. 

As long as its fast and easy, or currently removing playlists or liked tracks is arduous and slow - would be nice to be able to select multiple at once, or all, and then remove them. 

Still the faster and better solution, present on many platforms already, is to allow multiple profiles. 

So I could have the explorative, the drunk, the training, work and so on profile if I want it 

I could swap to my kids profile when my niece is over so she can listen to Disney songs with me - and as she leaves I can just swap back to my normal profile. 

It would solve a lot of these issues in a far faster way. 

Or once I am happy enough with my french I am to start going back to my old listening habits, but then I will have a mountain of songs I have little interest anymore influencing my recommendations. 

See it as moods, and for sure the drunk party songs won't be my work mood, or my relaxed either. 

Hey @randName1,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Other users seem to feel like you as well and have prepared this idea submission you can vote on. If you want to show your support for a similar feature, you can share this idea and vote on it.

Here is a quick review of how your feedback can reach Spotify. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I replied, but its closed for now - seems like a popular solution within other apps like netflix however, so figure it would be interesting here too. Certainly would solve a lot of issues, as is I'll probably closed my spotify account once I am happy with my french, as it would take too long to realign it again. 

Suggested posts