Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error: song cant be played

error: song cant be played

error: song cant be played... 10 seconds later it plays. 

what's with the greyed out controls. it happens really often when i'm switching between my receive + laptop & my envy. Mer... fix this guys. 

3 Replies

Hey @mulegrinder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

This type of case is usually related to damaged cache stored from previous versions. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If the issue persists, would you mind trying a different WiFi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you’re currently running to continue investigating your case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you’re currently running to continue investigating your case.

Would you mind letting me know why this is necessary?

Hey @mulegrinder,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

So, the details of your affected device would help us to investigate this further. You can find out how to check the Spotify version in this article.

Just to confirm, did you already try the steps suggested by @OscarDC? If you haven't yet, no worries. Take your time, we'll be here on the lookout.

Lastly, could you share with us what you meant when you mentioned "the grayed out controls"? Can you send us some screenshots of it?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts