Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i make a playlist private on the web player ?

how do i make a playlist private on the web player ?

my issue

few weeks ago on chrome i started spotify the web playert. there i made a playlist which i made private. today im trying to make a playlist private because its showing me thats it public. id ont want it public

im using a windows laptop.on chrome

6 Replies

Hi there @cool11 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome aboard to the Community! To make a playlist private, just use the three dots next to it or right click it and then select "Remove from Profile", as described here. If you don't see this option, then the playlist isn't public.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It would have been more intuitive if the wording had been the same as in the app...

Hey how do I make a playlist private using the web player/web browser? My device is a windows pc. thanks

Hey there @Legendzz1,

Thanks for the question!

You can remove (and add) playlists from your profile directly through the Web Player. Just right-click on the playlist and choose Remove from profile.

However, the feature to make the playlist private is only available on the app. If you have the Spotify app installed on a mobile device or a computer, just follow the steps under Make playlists public or private on this page.

We hope this helps! 

Cheers.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I made a public playlist in browser but it is not showing up in the profile when I search it from my friends account.

Hey @AshNjat

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, have you followed the steps @Maria sent previously? 

If so and it doesn't work, would you mind trying from a different device or the desktop app to see if the same happens? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts