Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When I open Spotify and click on my playlist and then I click on green play button, sometimes it starts playing "Radio based on playlist: *playlist name*". I don't know of that is correct in English, but in Estonian it is "Esitlusloendipõhise raadio alus: *playlist name*"

It has happened several times and I assume it is a bug. If it is a feature - why?

Today I went for a run and few songs in the beginning were in my playlist, but at some point it started including some random songs which I did not like at all. Way to ruin a good run.

If it is a feature - how can I turn it off?

Screenshot_20220511-173630.png

The issue in the top. Bottom half is free advertisement for NSP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Dian

It happens sometimes and it is quite hard to reproduce. 

But I think it was caused because of broken songs (local songs in playlist, which do not exist anymore; some other reason). Let's say I press "shuffle play" and the first song is that broken song. App skips that song but starts playing from Radio Playlist instead next song from that playlist.

After the last update I have not gotten this error anymore. Before I could tap on broken song and "play" it (when pressing play it skips to another song). Now it gives me error message.

I just removed all the local songs from my playlist, which do not exist anymore. Today I will go through all the songs in my playlist also (needs some clean up) and see if I encounter any songs that can cause this issue. If not - that means this issue was caused by non existent songs in my playlist.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @wrebble,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

When you start you playback with clicking on the green play button it automatically start Shuffle.

Can you try with clicking on a song in the playlist to see if the issue persists? 

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello @Jeremy

I'm quite aware that clicking that green button starts playing a playlist on Shuffle. That's why I'm using it. When pushing that shuffle button it should say "Playing from playlist: *playlist name*" on top in "now playing" view.

But sometimes clicking the shuffle play button starts "playlist radio" instead of "playlist on shuffle". I assume it is a bug (by the way you answered me) and there is no fast / easy fix for that. So.. just information for you.

I cannot say when and how this happens and how can you reproduce that error. For me it is random. Sorry.

Hey @wrebble,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Could you post a video recording of your observation from start to finish, so we can fully understand what is going on on your end?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Hi @Dian

It happens sometimes and it is quite hard to reproduce. 

But I think it was caused because of broken songs (local songs in playlist, which do not exist anymore; some other reason). Let's say I press "shuffle play" and the first song is that broken song. App skips that song but starts playing from Radio Playlist instead next song from that playlist.

After the last update I have not gotten this error anymore. Before I could tap on broken song and "play" it (when pressing play it skips to another song). Now it gives me error message.

I just removed all the local songs from my playlist, which do not exist anymore. Today I will go through all the songs in my playlist also (needs some clean up) and see if I encounter any songs that can cause this issue. If not - that means this issue was caused by non existent songs in my playlist.

Hi there @wrebble,

Thank you for your reply.

We're glad to see that it works as it should for you again. Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts