Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

All devices

Operating System

iOS, Windows, Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, I added a while ago a song to my library and then liked it. Now it's in my favourite songs, but I cant play the Song anymore or delete it from my favourite songs when I press the heart symbol it shows up and then dissapers a second later. How can I get the song out of the list?

I removed Levitaing One More Time - Extended. Just if you were wondering. But Pluto Projector is the Songs that is the issue here.

Thanks!
Jason

IMG_5852.jpg
IMG_5853.jpg
Unbenannt.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The greyed out track appears to be a local file. You can try unliking the song from another device like your phone, for example. If the song was saved recently (within the last 2-3 months) you can reach out to Customer Support as they might be able to remove it from their end.

If none of the above suggestions help, another way to try and sort this out would be creating a new account and transferring your music (without the liked local file) there. If you have Premium and you're willing to go that route, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Back-up your Liked Songs by copying them (without the local file) into a new playlist. The desktop app is recommended for this as you can select multiple items with the help of the Shift key (or Ctrl + A).
  2. Reach out to Customer Support and request an account transfer. They'll guide you through the process of creating a new account, re-subscribing as well as transferring your music. Just make sure to tell them to leave the Liked Songs and transfer everything else.
  3. Once this has been taken care of you can select all tracks from the playlist and add them back to your Liked Songs on your new account.

If you're on Free, you can simply make all your playlists public and add them to your profile so that you can give them a follow from your new account. Alternatively, you can copy their contents into new playlists on the new account and close the old one to avoid possible confusion.

Hope this info was helpful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The greyed out track appears to be a local file. You can try unliking the song from another device like your phone, for example. If the song was saved recently (within the last 2-3 months) you can reach out to Customer Support as they might be able to remove it from their end.

If none of the above suggestions help, another way to try and sort this out would be creating a new account and transferring your music (without the liked local file) there. If you have Premium and you're willing to go that route, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Back-up your Liked Songs by copying them (without the local file) into a new playlist. The desktop app is recommended for this as you can select multiple items with the help of the Shift key (or Ctrl + A).
  2. Reach out to Customer Support and request an account transfer. They'll guide you through the process of creating a new account, re-subscribing as well as transferring your music. Just make sure to tell them to leave the Liked Songs and transfer everything else.
  3. Once this has been taken care of you can select all tracks from the playlist and add them back to your Liked Songs on your new account.

If you're on Free, you can simply make all your playlists public and add them to your profile so that you can give them a follow from your new account. Alternatively, you can copy their contents into new playlists on the new account and close the old one to avoid possible confusion.

Hope this info was helpful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @user-removed 

I see you listed iOS, Android and desktop in your Devices - does this happen on all of them?

I'd suggest going to Spotify's web client and trying to get rid of the song that way. If it's already gone there, then you should reinstall the Spotify app that still keeps showing you this song. Do a clean reinstall for best results.

Let me know how it goes : )

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a song that's greyed out on my Liked Songs, it's a local file that no longer exists on my computer and I don't know how to get rid of it. It's not really an issue but it just bothers me to see it there and I can't get rid of it.

Hello,

I recently started using Spotify again.

I noticed that in my liked tracks I have a local sound grayed out, I can't remove it at all.

Is there any way to remove it?

Thanks.

Sans titre.png

Suggested posts