Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

removing songs from top listens

Solved!

removing songs from top listens

bit of a weird request here. i checked my most listened songs with a third party site and the top two tracks are awful, only got there because my ex with horrible taste kept playing them. i'm one of those people that obsesses over spotify wrapped, so how do i prevent those songs from appearing in my top tracks on wrapped? (i'm not talking about a playlist or anything i'm talking about removing them from my top listens altogether like... removing spotify's knowledge of how much i listened to them LOL)

if the answer is to loop good stuff that's already pretty listened to, is there any way i could finesse the algorithm to expedite that process? for reference i looped my third most listened song all night last night and it didn't move up the list, so i feel like spotify's algorithm might be messing with my plan. 

much appreciate any help anyone can give, please don't come for my throat if you don't understand why i'd do this, thanks everyobe

Student Premium

USA

iPhone 7, 2019 Macbook Pro

iOS 13, macOS Catalina

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @concreteslab777 and thanks for posting! 🙂
Just curious - would your 3rd party site be Spotify.Me? If so, that has always been pretty accurate from what I've tracked for listening data.

Also - based off last year's Wrap timeline - the window for collecting your listening info would already be closed (late October). You can read about 2018's process here if you'd like.
So even if you were to try and boost some new songs this last month - it probably won't make an impact for this pass. Unfortunately, there also isn't a way to erase any of your prior listening history without starting a fresh account.
From what I've seen though, Wrapped can always be a little different each year so here's hoping you will be pleasantly surprised! 😄

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @concreteslab777 and thanks for posting! 🙂
Just curious - would your 3rd party site be Spotify.Me? If so, that has always been pretty accurate from what I've tracked for listening data.

Also - based off last year's Wrap timeline - the window for collecting your listening info would already be closed (late October). You can read about 2018's process here if you'd like.
So even if you were to try and boost some new songs this last month - it probably won't make an impact for this pass. Unfortunately, there also isn't a way to erase any of your prior listening history without starting a fresh account.
From what I've seen though, Wrapped can always be a little different each year so here's hoping you will be pleasantly surprised! 😄

oh **bleep**! thanks for the info i appreciate it!

Suggested posts