Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify stays connected and does not play the songs

spotify stays connected and does not play the songs

I have spotify on android and also on ios, premium, the songs are all downloaded. But when I go to play to go to the gym, I open spotify on ios and it stays connecting and does not let the songs play because they appear as un-downloaded. I have to put it in airplane mode to stay offline and the songs are available to be played.

In android the same thing, but in the car. The music doesn't play, sometimes when there is an internet signal on the highway he plays 1 song, but then he stops and doesn't play anymore. All of which are downloaded.

1 Reply

Hey there @rdmtt_92,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

To listen to your downloaded tunes, we recommend enabling the Offline Mode. You'll find more info about it and the steps to do it here.

If the issue persists, running a clean reinstall of the app on both devices might do the trick, as it can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. You just need to follow these steps. Keep in mind - you'll need to redownload all your content afterwards.

In case it still happens, can you let us know when it started and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update?

We'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running on both devices to further look into this.

Keep us in the loop. We'll be looking out for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts