Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Solved!

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Keep crashing on start up. Can't get into the application. I have deleted and re-installed the application, and still the same result. I have iPad 2 display 6.1.3 iOS. and an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 iOS Please help.

Super user edit - added client version to title.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today's update for iOS (September 3rd) is crashing on startup - on my brand new iPad mini.

I'm paying for the monthly subscription, and the app is now useless.

Spotify, you're better than this. What's the deal?

Can you put the old version back on the app store until you get your act together?

View solution in original post

77 Replies

Same problem with new version 0.7.4
Spotify does not open !
I have an iPad 3.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.

Hi there, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried a hard reset at all? Hold the sleep and home buttons until the apple logo appears.

Liam

Hi
I have tried the hard reset but Spotify keeps crashing
The Spotify main screen appears, i can see four or five times the three white dots before the app crashes

Hi Liam,

Yes I've tried doing a hard reset. The problem persists. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4.

I tried deleting the app and re-installing first. Did not fix the issue. Followed by hard reset as you described, same effect.

Precision : iOS 6.1.3

I have the same problem after I updated to 0.7.4 on both my iphone 5 and my  ipad 4. Have tried to remove the program and install again but it does not work, have even tried and reset but the problem persists. And  i have the latets ios update on both the iphone and ipad.

Same problem here with iphone 4s.

I even tried uninstall and re-install of spotify and after inserting username/password, app continued crashing...

After updating to 0.7.4, I too experience constant crashes when trying to start the spotify app. iPad2, 6.1.3 iOS
Tried hard reset, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Please Spotify, fix this asap!

Same problem here with the spotify 7.4.35 on iOS 6.1.3 iPhone 4S

Please fix this issues ASAP thank you for your jobs and keep doing it !

same issue here...crashes almost immediately(screen loads, 3 white dots for about 5 sec, then crash).

iPhone with 6.1.3

(and yes, I did the hard reset, uninstall, etc etc)

Right, with this number of incidents I'm going to assume it isn't coincidence and that this is a new bug. I'll get this escalated ASAP 🙂

Liam

EDIT:

Please could you all try and change your region, then do a hard reset and see if the crash still happens?

Hi Liam
Yes, I just tried changing from region Norway to region United States, then did a hard reset, tried starting the app again, same crash as before.

I have had spotify-support on this for more than an hour - they tried to reset account, did't solve the problem
Last letter from support was cc to *snip*

Second that.

I changed from United States to India, did a hard reset and the app crashes as before.

Please fix this problem asap!!!

Allright. Will you post if you receive any solutions?

Same here but found out that if I switch into flight mode it stays and I can listen to my offline songs. So to me it seems it crashes when it wants to connect to mother ship 🙂

Same problem for me, both on a iPad Mini and iPhone 4S 😞

iOS 6.1.3 on both

Spotify Troubleshooting

Crashing on startup after upgrading to 0.7.4 on iPad2 iOS 6.1.3

What happened?

1. Upgraded the spotify app as prompted when in appstore
2. App downloaded and installed as normal
3. Attempted to start app, white screen, with the menu bar on the left and three dots indicating "working" or something of the sorts
4. App closed/crashed, when retry, same happens.
5. Did hard reset, app still crashes
6. Did fresh install after cleaning cache in Safari settings, app still crashes
7. Changed region, then hard reset, app still crashes

What did I expect to happen?

I expected the app to work and to be able to listen to my tunes while enjoying a cup of tea and reading a book

What actually happened?

No tunes, ended up watching Oldboy on Netflox instead, now I'm traumatized

Using iPad2, iOS 6.1.3, not jailbroken, app version 0.7.4

Have aproximatly 15 playlists, of which 2 were available offline
User name is thomas.sorensen

Got no provider, it's the wifi only iPad as I'm a student and dirt poor and spotify is the only glimmer of light in this dreary nightmare of thesis writing.

Suggested posts