Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Solved!

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Keep crashing on start up. Can't get into the application. I have deleted and re-installed the application, and still the same result. I have iPad 2 display 6.1.3 iOS. and an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 iOS Please help.

Super user edit - added client version to title.

77 Replies

Oh.

So, let me get this right. This forum is just a place for us to post about problems with Spotify, and then you try to get them to listen?

You get no pay from them, and we get no official support - just an unpaid mediator?

There are community staff (the people with the moderator rank), but since many of us super user's are on more often than the moderators, we reply and respond to posts quicker - and we do it voluntarily.

We can escalate threads/issues to staff, and this has been escalated. I've asked for an update for you, but like I said - they may not give one, and they won't give one until they're online in the office.

The community isn't a place for official support - the Support Form is for official support.

Liam

P.S It says quite clearly in my signature that I don't work for Spotify 😉

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting us know about this. We've updated the release notes post to reflect what you've said. Your details have been passed on so our team can investiagte. Please do let us know your phone model and iOS version - this is being looked into at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience here - we'll keep you updated as we know more.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Can anyone tell me what is possible do to solve this problem? Spotify sucks!!!!!!!!

I did a full factory reset thats delete the entire phone. Then i restore the phone with a safety copy from iCloud. I pick the backup i did before i updated spotify. It works AppStore will show that is an update for spotify available DON'T update if you want back to square one. Wait until the issue is solved

There's also a 'Spotify for iOS 4' app on the App Store. It's the old version, non-optimized for the iPhone 5's screen size but it works if all you need is to get to your playlists.

I hate to think what will happen when Apple introduces auto-updates in iOS 7. I hope there's an option to turn it off, given cases like this.

Description

Spotify keeps crashing on iPhone 5 after update on 9/3/2013. I have tried re-installing the application on my phone, but that doesn't seem to work either. I have re-installed it at least 3 times with no change. All I get is the initial screen with the three dots (loading) and then after that it crashes.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

iOs 6.1.4

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

Under 10

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country
AT&T

My username

natish

same issue, cant open the app without it crashing instantly. What is the deal and how can I fix it?

The team are investigating, keep an eye on @SpotifyStatus for updates. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue.  Both my iPhone and iPad stop working after I upgraded to 0.7.4.  I have iPad retina display running 6.1.3, and iPhone 5 running 6.1.2.  On both iPhone and iPad, spotify crashes as soon as I open the app. I have opened a ticket with spotify yesterday and received few email asking to do hard reset and other things, but nothing worked.  I'm a premium paid subscriber who can't access spotify on either my iPhone or iPad.  Don't know what to do.  PLEASE HELP

Have updated app, and now just consistently crashes on both iPhone and iPad. Have been having connectivity problems with Windows program this morning as well.

Hard resets, delete and download, all done, no avail. 

Hi 🙂

I've merged this thread with a bigger thread that the issue is being discussed in 🙂

Liam

I too am having the same problem. I updated to version 0.7.4 and it will crash almost immediatly on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3. I have found a solution though, if you are just trying to get on Spotify to listen to music offline.

First, turn on Ariplane mode in the iOS settings.

Then, open Spotify, and go to Settings, then playback and switch to offline mode.

After you've done that, you should be able to listen to your playlists that have been synced offline without Spotify crashing.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us on this. We're looking into what's causing it and we'll post here and in the Release Notes thread as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime, if you have a Spotify username that's also connected to Facebook, could you try logging in the alternate way. For example, if you normally log in with your username, try logging in with Facebook details. And if you normally login with Facebook, try using your username and password.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I'm having the same issue and can't wait for a final fix to it all. Spotify's addicting and I can't help but check the forums every now and then for a fix

Have had that very same problem the last few days. The question is how we are going to be compensated since Spotify seems to do nothing about it. Why not re-launch the older version, fixing it asap or posting some information somewhere. 

This is bad. 

Anyone seen anything about when this problem is getting fixed? 

I do not understand why they do not just put the old version online as a separate app or do a similar approach as AVM does with the software for their Fritz!Boxes. They release new versions as a separate, experimental "lab" version first, and after it is stable enough, the lab version becomes the real one and the new features are, again, tested in a new lab version.

Anyway, my subscription is now cancelled and I will have a look at the alternatives when it ends.

It is working if you log in with your facebook account, but not with your username...

Found a temporary solution for the issue. Just download spotify for ios 4

Thanks for the suggestion Adam - logged in via Facebook and it appears to be working fine on my iPhone 5.  Previously attempted to login using my Spotify username & password, and the app would crash every time (even after deleting and re-installing).  This will work for now until an update is pushed through!

Suggested posts