Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A question about offline listening

Solved!

A question about offline listening

I am a premium subscriber and I download music to listen to offline. My question is, if I want to listen to the music I've downloaded, do I have to turn on "offline mode" in order to not use any mobile data? I'm just concerned that if I don't turn it on, it will be streaming the music I've downloaded rather than playing it offline. Or will all the music I've downloaded (with the green arrow next to it) automatically play as offline without me having to turn on offline mode.

You may just say, well why don't you just turn on offline mode whenever you don't want to us any mobile data, but I've noticed whenever you do that, it loses your place in the album or playlist you were last listening to the next time you turn spotify on.

Hope this all makes sense.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

As far as I'm concern, if you had music downloaded you'll play the downloaded songs (no data/wifi) and the not downloaded songs (these songs via 2g/3g), if you turn on offline mode it only will play downloaded songs (obviously).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you wereaway feom home you'll only use mobile data with non downloaded songs, I know it because I've it downloaded and when my premium run out all my mobile data is gone in an hour —o—

Marked as solution

If the songs are downloaded, you shouldn't have to turn on offline mode to not use data.

When I'm on the go, I usually don't turn on offline mode, because all of my songs are already downloaded for offline use.

It does use a little bit of data for album art and other stuff when browsing around the app. If you want to be sure that it doesn't use any data at all, then the best thing to do is turn on "offline mode" from the app settings. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

As far as I'm concern, if you had music downloaded you'll play the downloaded songs (no data/wifi) and the not downloaded songs (these songs via 2g/3g), if you turn on offline mode it only will play downloaded songs (obviously).

So for instance, if I were away from my home wifi, and listening to a playlist I'd downloaded to listen to offline, and hadn't turned on offline mode. Would it be playing the playlist offline, or would it be streaming it using mobile data? I just really don't want to have to turn on offline mode every time I want to listen away from home if I didn't have to. I would hope spotify would recognise my downloaded content without me having to tell it.
Marked as solution

If you wereaway feom home you'll only use mobile data with non downloaded songs, I know it because I've it downloaded and when my premium run out all my mobile data is gone in an hour —o—

Marked as solution

If the songs are downloaded, you shouldn't have to turn on offline mode to not use data.

When I'm on the go, I usually don't turn on offline mode, because all of my songs are already downloaded for offline use.

It does use a little bit of data for album art and other stuff when browsing around the app. If you want to be sure that it doesn't use any data at all, then the best thing to do is turn on "offline mode" from the app settings. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks Matt, that's the answer I'm looking for.

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts