Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, all. I accidentally banned Lily Allen's "F*ck You" during a particularly rough work day. I looked through and tried one of the suggestions that was previously posted. It didn't work the way that it seemed to for that person, but I figured it out!

Here's what I did:

1. I opened Spotify on both my PC and my phone and connected my phone to the computer via a USB cable.

2. I started playing the Daily Mix that I banned the song/artist from. (I don't think it matters whether you start playing it on your phone or your computer.)

3. I searched for Lily Allen on my phone, and next to "F*ck You," I clicked "Add to Queue." I added it a few times based on what the previous person had suggested.

4. When the song started playing, the heart was grayed out on my PC, so I disconnected my phone and closed the app. AND IT WORKED! I was able to click the heart button on my PC, and the song was added to my Daily Mix!!! I also managed to add a song that I don't think was on there previously using this method.

Try it out! I hope it works for you, too.

View solution in original post

208 Replies

Any update on how we could fix this?

Hey guys, unfortunately no at this stage, there is no way to undo a ban on an artist. Best suggestion is to simply keep an eye on the artist in case it turns up in another mix!

The feedback on not being able to undo bans has already been passed onto the devs during testing, for the record. You can also look at submitting it as an idea to the Ideas Exchange 🙂

So mean.

Wow.

I also deleted my favourite artist from my daily mix and I want it back ☹️

Thanks for the update. I was so upset when I did it. My daily mix just hasn't been the same since, it's such a shame as I love the Daily Mix feature so much!

If I start liking things on another Daily Mix will the algorithm start to pull that other mix (that is currently nothing like my favourite) towards what I had with the first mix?

Do let us know if this gets updated or if we are able to add an artist to a daily mix to pull it more toward what we are looking for.

YES!! I felt sooooooo bad!!! My playlist feels so empty! Hope they find a fix to this soon!

I appreciate that there's already an official answer to this, but I also hope the dev team is taking this very seriously. It's a major design flaw and crushes excitement about this otherwise well appreciated feature. I bet it would be very easy to add a button to the UI under settings that resets all user-entered data about the daily mix.

I did the same thing. I was looking for the ... button to 'go to' the album of the song playing, and it instantly removed that artist, then tapped the banner notification which removed the artists permanently. Very unintuitive! There should be an undo button! But while typing this, I went to look for a 'details' button for a daily mix, and noticed when I viewed my dmix, I could pull up to load more songs, and then the artirst I 'removed' reappeared! So hoping they will be in there tomorrow! Spotify! Please add a 'details' button or something with mixes, and allow to view exluded artists etc, and to forget those settings. Or just reset a mix completely!

I did the same thing :'(

I have the same issue! 😭
I wanted to put a song from the daily mix on repeat and intuitively pressed the Block button where I usually have the repeat button!

I want to add my most favourite artist back, please!!!!!

I just did it with Radiohead I'm crying inside 'cause this is one of my favorite bands.

Also, I loved the idea of daily mixes, but, withouth the option to undo bans turn the tool very dangerous for us.

Dev Team!!! I trust you! Let us make you proud and implement undo bans as soon as possible!

ughhhhhh just did the same 😞

and now I have favorited a band I can't stand and can't undo that either!

I was just looking for the shuffle button 😕

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX

Deleted and banned MC5 when i first check out the feature. Just tapped the button accidentaly. First deletes the song and instantly theres a big banner that bans the artist totally... Really bad UI design... 😞

I did the same! Just deleted latejapride frim my mixes permanently because i clicked the banner in a moment of panic, assuming it was an undo option. HELP!

After yelling multiple obscenities at my phone because I inadvertedly banned one of my favorite artists from my favorite Spotify feature, I decided to calm down and kindly request to the dev team that we can please undo these bans, the UI in this section is not the best in my humble opinion. 🙂

I did the same thing and I'm so sad there's not a way to add them back :(( hopefully Spotify updates this

Suggested posts