Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

+1 for fixing this. I just removed my favorite 2 artists by accident 😞

Spotify,  You have an amazing product and don't need to pile these gimmicky things on with no path for reverse.  I'm struggling as a user to understand this feature.  Did you do any user testing on this before you deployed?  The button and lack of description or alert to what a user is tapping on is strange.  But to have it right next to the main control board is hilariously poor.  To pile on, there is no reverse option and you're ignoring your users (seriously, how old/long is this thread?!).

Remove it from the UI until you have a fix - it is incredibly unintuitive and frustrating.

Spotify still hasnt fixed this issue? Seems like an easy way to lose customers.

Have we bombarded Twitter and Facebook with this complaint yet? Companies only seem to give a **bleep** about those complaints.

Any news on this? The post says it's solved but the link is bust!

It's more like "resolved" not solved- the resolution is that there is no fix, it seems.

It's more like "resolved" not solved- the resolution is that there is no fix, it seems.

I think the "fix" would be simple. Just an option somewhere to "RESET" all daily mixes and start anew. My daily mixes used to be very nice but after a couple of mistakes it turned into a thing that makes no sense so I don't listen to them anymore...

Seriously, fellow sufferers: bombard Spotify's Twitter and Facebook. Only that will have them look into the issue or at least reply to this post. Copy the link to this thread in your complaint.

I hate having to resort to this. I **bleep**ing love Spotify..

Seriously????

Please fix it asap!!! 

Contacted Spotify, they said the fix to this is "Under Consideration" and to vote here for them to fix it. Please vote: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Option-to-Undo-Dislikes-in-Daily-Mix/idi-p...

The only way is to listen to that artist 24/7.

I love daily mix. But if Spotify ignores such a simple, easily fixed mistake, I'm thinking I'll look into, say, Amazon Prime music. Hope it won't come to that, but they're "considering" fixing this after a year of complaints, and have changed the UI so it's MORE likely to accidentally happen on touchscreens...

Needs a fix, or at the very least a way to just delete all my daily mixes and let Spotify go ahead and recalculate.

The UX on mobile is also terrible. First, the "ban" button appears where you would normally expect to see the button to go back a track. So I forgot I was listening to a daily mix and not a playlist, tried to go back a track, and banned the track I was listening to instead. Whoops. Incidentally I had the same issue last year with trying to go forward a track and accidentally "hearting" it instead while my phone was locked. I wanted to skip the crappy song not tell you how much I love it. No way to undo that either!

Then, when you tap to ban a song, a banner pops up at the bottom of the screen. Users are trained to understand that anything that appears like that right after they've done something is an option to undo the action, in the same way that they have been trained that a burger icon is a menu and a cog is settings and the thing you can click in the top right is a close button.

Except here, it's not an undo option it's a "make everything 1000000 times worse" button. The action to tap the first thing that popped up and undo my terrible mistake was so automatic that I can't believe any UX designer worth their salt thought it was a good idea  to use that for anything but "undo".

The daft thing is, this isn't a band that I totally love that I've banned, but since they've been missing from the playlist I realised how much balance they added to it.

In conclusion: fix the ruddy interface. And let users actually undo something when they made a mistake. It's an absolute joke that this thread has been active for nearly a year and there's still zero commitment from Spotify to fix things.

This is actually the first time I've been thinking to abandon Spotify and try som other music service.

Spotify used to be known for agile development, listening to consumers, being in the forefront of apps, having a great user interface - all of this seem to have dissapeared.

Dear Spotify, this is an easy fix - please fix. Otherwise it's easier for me to move on to another service. Thanks for the 5 years!

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. So unintuitive COME ON people. Like toddlers working over there or something. What's worse, I PAY for spotify it's not like we should just appreciate that you gave us something. The product I'm paying for is defunct. Fix it. 

Marked as solution

Hey, all. I accidentally banned Lily Allen's "F*ck You" during a particularly rough work day. I looked through and tried one of the suggestions that was previously posted. It didn't work the way that it seemed to for that person, but I figured it out!

Here's what I did:

1. I opened Spotify on both my PC and my phone and connected my phone to the computer via a USB cable.

2. I started playing the Daily Mix that I banned the song/artist from. (I don't think it matters whether you start playing it on your phone or your computer.)

3. I searched for Lily Allen on my phone, and next to "F*ck You," I clicked "Add to Queue." I added it a few times based on what the previous person had suggested.

4. When the song started playing, the heart was grayed out on my PC, so I disconnected my phone and closed the app. AND IT WORKED! I was able to click the heart button on my PC, and the song was added to my Daily Mix!!! I also managed to add a song that I don't think was on there previously using this method.

Try it out! I hope it works for you, too.

I have received a notification about a solution. But when I click on "go to solution", it says the message isn't available.

Worked for me. Just a heads up for anyone else, if you are having problems with this technique it did matter for me if the song was playing from my computer or phone, so try both if it doesnt work for me. The combination that worked for me was playing the song on my phone and favoriting the song on my computer.

Guys! I think I found a way to solve the issue! I also accidentaly deleted my favorite artist from my daily mix (tyler, the creator) and so I followed what the "solution" to this question and it might have helped in it, but I don't know for sure. Anyways, I connected my phone to my computer and played my daily mix. As a song was playing and as it was connected to my computer, I added the same song to the queue/up next (of the artist you deleted, I did the song that I accidentaly put 'remove') over and over again (about 15 times) via both my computer and phone. When the song I originally played on the daily mixed ended and the song I added came up nothing happened. I still couldn't "heart" it to have it added back to my daily mix. But then! Out of frustration and sadness, (btw I disconnected my phone before the song I added played) I went to the settings on my phone's spotify (again, at this point my phone is no longer connected to my computer) and deleted cache and saved data. And it worked! Weirdly enough, it kept all my recommendations and daily mixes as well last played albums and stuff and when I played my daily mix, all the up next/queued songs I added were still there, so I played it and it offered me the chance to "heart" the song again! Hopefully this works for you guys, Spotify get your stuff together fam. 

Suggested posts