Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

That this can't be undone is horrible!! Can I vote we remove the REMOVE option from the client? Its easier to skip a song then it is to basically lose access to an entire artist.

It just happened to me! And I'm thinking about canceling my account, this is BS, no more of my favorite artiste in my daily mix? 

Just put a list somewhere in the settings with the banned songs and artists! 

The same happened to me. Please fix this 😞

I tried following the link to the solution and the page was removed.  What's the solution?

There's no solution. Spotify team doesn't even see this issue as a bug.

If not a bug, then they should at least consider that it's a poor design
decision and those choices should be revisited

There is still no solution! 😞

After all of the complaints about this feature and the thread is still labeled as solved with no resolution?

What a development team. "There is no solution, therefore solved"

Keep the design as is, fine. Spotify's niche is customization so open up the playlist customization to allow access to banned artists' and while you're at it for the daily mixes add in the Priority Artist or Priority Like Artist feature to balance the remove feature.

This is inline with the business niche Spotify has created through their customization of music and offline options. Should also be well within the development teams abilities. It is ludicrous that a usability issue like this should have been allowed to continue this long.

Just done this too 😭 please fix this Spotify!!! Daily mixes are a great idea but useless without our favourite bands. Should be easy to add an undo or details list. If this many people are complaining, there must be many more having the same problem who haven't complained

I did the same thing **bleep** 😣😣😣

any updates on this issue? can we get an official comment saying spotify is working on this so i dont have to close my spotify account?

This sucks so bad. I just upgraded to Premium to listen to my favorite artist and now I can't because of this issue. Please resolve this workflow issue. Sucks real bad.

I also did this and the Mix has suffered,  😞 grumper pants

I can't believe it's been a year and this still hasn't been resolved/fixed. I too have now accidentally deleted one of my favourite artists. At the very least they should have put in a secondary notification alert that you have to accept before it removes them. Definitely a major flaw in their system.

Spotify, please fix this UI design flaw and allow us to re-add artists we accidentally removed.  Just deleted my favorite artist from my daily mix because I clicked the button while trying to access my queue.  Was so excited about my new premium subscription but this has put a huge damper on that.  I can't believe this has been a problem for a year with no indication of any progress towards fixing a simple issue.  

I have to add my plus one to this long thread.  There are many similar threads about this kind of thing.  Please Spotify, fix this.

uhh me too - just finding this thread after I accidentally "hated" one of my fave dub artists...what's up devs it's BEEN OVER A YEAR - fix it PLEASE 

Spotify - is a fix for this in the works? If so, how will we know when it becomes available? I basically just ruined my favorite daily mix. Help us!

True story

Just to make Spotify aware again. Create an option so that you can see what you've done in the past in order to see how the mix is created.

Suggested posts