Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Same iPhone is syncing multiple times for offline playback

So occasionally I will be forced to log back in to Spotify and it will begin to redownload all of my offline songs. Besides being annoying for lots of reasons I believe that it is taking up more space than it should on my phone and using data which i...

• Regular
  • So occasionally I will be forced to log back in to Spotify and it will begin to redownload all of my offline songs. Besides being annoying for lots of reasons I believe that it is taking up more spac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue tooth in car doesn’t start

In both a bmw and a Jeep Spotify will not play through the system even though it shows connected on the iPhone X. Need to launch pandora first and then play Spotify to play music through the system.

• In both a bmw and a Jeep Spotify will not play through the system even though it shows connected on the iPhone X. Need to launch pandora first and then play Spotify to play music through the system.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Up next mode

I recently created a playlist. Now every time I play a song from anywhere on my library there is a random song that comes on after from a up next file that I don't know where this even came from. How do I disable this mode? There's also a little icon...

• I recently created a playlist. Now every time I play a song from anywhere on my library there is a random song that comes on after from a up next file that I don't know where this even came from. How...
  • fredspot72
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone X Overlapping Header Layout Bug

Header text overlaps search results.To reproduce:Navigate to any artist page with lots of single tracksTap "See All Singles"Swipe upObserve the overlap of header text and resultsAlso happens with albums, compilations, and playlists.

IMG_B941B5D74F69-1.jpeg
  • Header text overlaps search results. To reproduce: Navigate to any artist page with lots of single tracks Tap "See All Singles" Swipe up Observe the overlap of header text and results Al...
  • Nadiajelly
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    iOS
    iphone x
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffling Playlist Plays Only one artist

I have a playlist with about 3800 songs, but when I shuffle it only plays one artist. I've been trying to shuffle it for a few days now and have given up trying to use this playlist.

• I have a playlist with about 3800 songs, but when I shuffle it only plays one artist. I've been trying to shuffle it for a few days now and have given up trying to use this playlist. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Way to search through all downloaded content ?

I'm using 8.4.28 of Spotify. I want to be able to search through my whole library of downloaded songs (including songs from Playlists I've downloaded). When I go to Library -> Songs I can only search for some of the songs I've downloaded.For example ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using 8.4.28 of Spotify. I want to be able to search through my whole library of downloaded songs (including songs from Playlists I've downloaded). When I go to Library -> Songs I can only sea...
  • mrising
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in Spotify playlists appear overlapped/incorrect for 2 weeks

In a recent update the playlist view of songs started to appear overlapped. This does not happen in the “songs” view, artists view, album view - only the playlists view. I have ios 11.2 (latest upgrade) on an iphone 8. See attachment

• Casual Listener
  • In a recent update the playlist view of songs started to appear overlapped. This does not happen in the “songs” view, artists view, album view - only the playlists view.    I have ios 11....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs in playlist do not appear under Artists section when offline?

I've created a playlist with lots of albums in it of artists that I like to listen to. When I'm offline mode, after going to the Your Library -> Artists section and clicking on an artist that has an album I added to the playlist, none of their songs ...

• Visitor
  • I've created a playlist with lots of albums in it of artists that I like to listen to. When I'm offline mode, after going to the Your Library -> Artists section and clicking on an artist that has ...
  • sellotape
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to link Spotify account to Bose Soundtouch

Hello,Since the recent Bose SoundTouch update with IOS device, I am unable to llink Spotify Has anyone encountered this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Since the recent Bose SoundTouch update with IOS device, I am  unable to llink Spotify  Has anyone encountered this issue?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files organization

On Apple Music and Google Play Music if you store a local file in your playlist it still organizes it along with the rest of the artists and songs you have saved in your collection, artwork and all. its about time Spotify had this same feature, so yo...

• Casual Listener
  • On Apple Music and Google Play Music if you store a local file in your playlist it still organizes it along with the rest of the artists and songs you have saved in your collection, artwork and all. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

have to redownload playlists

I have to keep redownloading all my playlists for offline use, this happens across multiple platforms, apple macbook., iphone & Android Samsung Galaxy S7 I make sure everything is avaialble offline and download at home, but then once I'm on a play in...

• I have to keep redownloading all my playlists for offline use, this happens across multiple platforms, apple macbook., iphone & Android Samsung Galaxy S7   I make sure everything is avaial...
  • themoddeddr
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

turning off shuffle play

If I download an album, is there a way to listen to the tracks in order without shuffling?

• If I download an album, is there a way to listen to the tracks in order without shuffling?
  • themoddeddr
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to skip songs?

I have a basic Spotify account, and both on my Android and PC desktop app, I have ads every couple of songs or the 30 minutes ad-free with the video, but I'm always able to skip as many songs as I'd like and/or select which song to play from my songs...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a basic Spotify account, and both on my Android and PC desktop app, I have ads every couple of songs or the 30 minutes ad-free with the video, but I'm always able to skip as many songs as I'd ...
  • costanzac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Creating playlist for holiday event--1st time use?

Object: Create a list of tunes ~3-4 hours time to be played 'unattented' at a nonprofit, holiday event. I first downloaded the iOS app (iPad). Then downloaded the Windows desktop app for organizational flexibility. On the desktop I currently have a p...

• Casual Listener
  • Object: Create a list of tunes ~3-4 hours time to be played 'unattented' at a nonprofit, holiday event.   I first downloaded the iOS app (iPad). Then downloaded the Windows desktop app for org...
  • estebanGramaj0
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

All of my music is gone

I have re logged in an i have lost everything and i have checked on the Website what might be causing it and none of their answers match my situation, like I only have one account and that there is no filters on

• I have re logged in an i have lost everything and i have checked on the Website what might be causing it and none of their answers match my situation, like I only have one account and that there is n...
  • themoddeddr
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cuts off

Spotify keeps cutting off. It starts playing songs fine, but after 10-25 seconds, the songs cut. Switching songs, logging out and back in doesn't help, and I have also tried re-installing spotify and it didn't help. I'm using spotify on my tablet too...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps cutting off. It starts playing songs fine, but after 10-25 seconds, the songs cut. Switching songs, logging out and back in doesn't help, and I have also tried re-installing spotify and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists

Hi, Please help! I've just upgraded my iphone to a 7 but have lost most of my playlists. I have one left with half the songs on and another with only 9. I was paying Premium and had downloaded all songs. Is there anything I can do to get my lost musi...

• Hi, Please help! I've just upgraded my iphone to a 7 but have lost most of my playlists. I have one left with half the songs on and another with only 9. I was paying Premium and had downloaded all so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline sync not working

Having trouble syncing a playlist that is on iPhone and Mac * "available offline" set to "on" on iphone and Mac* songs in playlist that are not available via spotify are available mac, show up in playlist on mac,* both devices on the same wireless ne...

• Regular
  • Having trouble syncing a playlist that is on iPhone and Mac   * "available offline" set to "on" on iphone and Mac * songs in playlist that are not available via spotify are available mac, sho...
  • ConnorBerge
  • 30 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 1 likes

Problemas para gravar instagram com musicas do spotify

Prezados, bom dia. Toda vez que tento grava um video pelo meu celular ou entao uma historia do instagram com uma musica que esta sendo executada no spotify o spotify para de tocar e eu fico sem a musica, o que fazer? Conto com a ajuda de voces. Atenc...

• Prezados, bom dia.   Toda vez que tento grava um video pelo meu celular ou entao uma historia do instagram com uma musica que esta sendo executada no spotify o spotify para de tocar e eu fico ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes