Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Make sure to press vote so we can get this changed.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Try to go to the history of played songs! I found my back.

View solution in original post

188 Replies

Hey there!

The tracks you give the thumbs up should be added to a new playlist called "Liked From Radio". However, the rest of the tracks are on an automated system, and I don't think I can track down that artist I'm afraid.
Airhorn Enthusiast

This is a bit of a pain--Pandora logs all of your thumbs up/down clicks, and you can log onto the website to view the lists. If needed, you can even remove any tracks you didn't mean to thumb up/down. It kind of stinks that my radio station has been "improved" to exclude stuff similar to a song I accidentally thumbed down.  =(

I agree. This needs to be changed. Having a touch screen phone this has and will happen often. Pandora has a great way of fixing it. Spotify should do the same.

Do I really have to make a completely new radio station from the same song/artist just to correct an accidentally clicked thumb button?

Will this be fixed in a newer version of Spotify?

We're discussing internally on how we should handle this issue, we want to be able to give our users a good way to see their thumbs up and down on a radio station and also alter them. I can't give you more details at the moment other than that we are looking into this issue 🙂

Glad this is being worked on. I just accidentally hit thumbs down when I meant to thumbs up the song; luckily right before I did that I also added the song to the playlist the station is based on. I'm kind of curious what effect that will have on the station...seems like there would be some sort of conflict.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeh I just hit thumbs up by accident (it was intended for the previous song) and I clicked on the thumb again thinking it would undo it and no cigar. I'm quit fond of the Echo Nest system so I'll continue to use Spotify but now I have to re-create that entire station. That part I'm not so fond of. 

Since it's digitally-based I'm thinking that any data input can be reversed. Actually... how would that work?

I am just spit balling here, but maybe it would be a good idea if the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons on my phone were not right next to one another?

This is also a problem with the PC version of spotify. Glad to see someone with the company has replied. I feel like a ruined 2 of my favorite stations this way! while we are also on this note, I don't see why it would be so hard to let us thumbs up/down a song that has ended, or played a couple songs ago. I can still see the album art in the list, why can't i judge it!

I ruined an entire station by accidentally giving a thumbs down to a shinedown song. I'll be using pandora until I am able to see a list of thumbs up/ thumbs down songs and fix this. I am not going through the work of re-refining a new station. Hopefully Spotify will notify it's users when it fixes this problem.

Is this still an outstanding issue?  I've seen a few threads from 5-6 months ago (and a Spotify moderator affirmed the need for a fix).    I've done this several times and it's really annoying.  Delete the playlist and start over?   Poor solution.

Yeah, it's a problem that you can't even reset the station. Those ratings seem to be absolutely permanent, unless you're working from a playlist and delete/start over as pknickles mentioned. If making a station from an artist/album/track, I guess we're out of luck until they get an editing system in place.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you search the song you will find it,

I vote for a solution to this problem.  Stesses me out that you can't unthumb.  I almost think you should remove the option to thumbs down something until this issue is resolved.

Fix this Spotify. You're music library is great but your lack of basic features is killing this service for me.

Spotify,

The inability to undo the thums down, and the inability to delete stations, are pushing me to try other services...

Yes, this is a really disappointing problem. 

Agree, an option to change your thumbs up/down would be great.

Please add your kudos and comments to this idea.

Wow, I can't believe this is an actual issue. I'm somewhat opposite and want to see what I've tumbed up as a reference, and there's no way to see those. Seems like it'd be part of the brick and mortar of the foundation. It has to be an easy fix, yeah?

Suggested posts