Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentily disliked a song on radio

Solved!

Accidentily disliked a song on radio

Hi

I have accidentily disliked a couple of songs on my radio and they will not appear again - is there anyway of editing this and removing all of my "dislikes"? I don't think any of the ones i've actually disliked on the radio i dislike, i just hit the wrong button!

Thank you in advance

68 Replies

To me it's a joke that the programmers have not solved this issue.... Simple, script a reverse code into the dislike button so another click will undo the previous one....  **bleep** spotify.....

Orriginal coder must be like....

"OH YOU ACCIDENTLY DISLIKE SONG IN RADIO U FUKED UP MUAHAHA"

That's not working! A better solution would be much appreciated. Thank you

Same on Android. Accidentally touched the icon while a definite favourite was playing on "Daily mix" -> something with a timer popped up at bottom. "It's a timer, think fast no time to read, must be undo or cancel" aaand the artist is disliked. Not what I expected.
As a solution, completely erasing the like/dislike database would be a option for me, since I don't even even want it. The algorithm seems to be good at finding songs I like so no need to manually like anything, and since I use the radio lists to find new stuff, I don't want to deny anything new from coming up. Overall not a major thing, but still bit of a bummer.

Sure, IF you remember the song.  Which I don't.  It was a song "discovery" for me, and like MANY have said, the ban button is where thumbs up or 3 dots usually is AND there's no confirmation dialogue AND no history to see what you've played (since the ban also removes it from the list).  HORRIBLE design feature.  

This question was asked 5 years ago and there's still no feature that fixes this? Like, you've had time to come up with it. What gives? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hawham: "I've just found a solution to this problem if you're on mobile I'm not sure if this can be accomplished on pc with the different layout, but if you ply the radio you disliked the song in and added said song to up next you should be able to like the song again"
This sort of worked for me! Thank you. I accidentally disliked a song playing on artist radio, I luckily remembered the title
(although if you don't, just Google a lyric you remembered to find the title) so when
I searched it on Spotify I added it to the que. Even though I had stopped the radio, once I played it again, the next song was indeed the one I'd lost. Only problem was, it wasn't in my radio as much as an interval. So not 100% perfect solution. 😀

Thanks but that did not solve the problem.

Please something were we can see our disliked or delete songs, specially from radio. This way if it was by mistake we may undo the action. 

I clicked thumbs down by mistake, same as many people, since it was a new discovery I do not know the name of the song, neither artist. And I wont ever hear it again because of this! HELP!

Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Make sure to vote so we can get this changed.

If you have last.fm scrobbling, you can use that to find the song.

Marked as solution

By mistake I clicked "dislike" to a song I really liked, I pretended to click back to play it again... luckly, I found it on history, what I did is that I kept playing the Radio I was listening to and added that song I dislike by mistake as next on queue, I was on my computer, when such song started to play again after I added it on queue, thumbs up/down were disabled, I swicthed over and started to play on my cellphone, in that there were no thumbs at all, then, I switched back to the PC and thumbs became available and I clicked thumbs up. Then, I saw list of radio song and it was back on that list. Sorry if it's too long explanation, if not clear, let me know (I'm not even sure it will always work).

Yep - this guy actually solved it! Worked for me, although clearly it's a bit of a hack.

Play your 'disliked' song in radio.

The song won't appear in the radio list.

Add the disliked song to next in queue and skip track so you're playing it.

The thumbs up/down won't appear.

Switch device.

Magically the thumbs will appear and you can 'thumbs up' to bring it back to your 'likes'

Hi, I accidentally disliked a song playing from the radio (iphone app). But I can't remember the title nor does it show on my history (desktop)... Do you know how to like it instead? I really enjoyed the sound of that song..

see, the problem is, if you click it by mistake, you may not have noticed the name of the song or arist.  And now you can’t go back, because once you’ve disliked a song, the back button doesn’t work, and the song is now gone forever.  In my case, it was a song i liked -  I meant to hit thumbs up and hit numbs down by mistake.  Now the radio will be worse because it thinks I disliked something i liked and wanted to save.  See the issue?  All you need to do is make the back button work even after disliking something.  Then, once someone goes back, make it so they an unclick the “dislike” they had previously done.  Easy peasy.

Yes!!! It worked! After liking the song again, all I did was keep playing the radio over and over. As new songs started to appear, I just kept skipping to the next group of new songs appearing. Eventually, the song I had disliked (and then re-liked) appeared in the list 🙂 Thank you so much!! ❤️

It worked!! 👏🏼 Thank you!!

Nevermind, it’s still missing from the radio playlist 😞

So I found quite a stupid sounding solution, but it works.

I had disliked a really good song and couldn't find it. So I just created a new account, started up the radio I had found that good song on and skipped through tracks until I had found the one I was looking for. Pretty sure you could also just use a friend's account, but I wanted to have it done quickly.

And as we all know, if something sounds but it works, it ain't stupid.

So if you go to your queue and under the history section, it will show you the last 50 songs you listened to, no matter if you disliked it. I found my song this way. This was on desktop by the way. 

Wow... thanks for all these "solutions", it sounds like spotify doesn't have a couple bucks to spare on good enough programmers after squeezing out $10 per month from so many listeners. I wouldn't consider this as being resolved. Although... Pandora has a way to go back and change your liked and disliked songs and seems to have way less ads. Pandora also doesn't drain my internal storage space when I want to make a playlist either. I'm not impressed one bit after switching over to Spotify these past few months and this issue just makes my mind up even more. If you want to complicate your listening experience, by all means follow the prior instructions, but I'm sticking with what I know worked best. 

SOLUTION:

In play queue (horizontal lines icon in bottom right corner of the desktop player) go to the history section and the song will still be there. Fortunately the 'Delete without confirmation' function doesn't remove it from your song history. Then you can add it to another playlist. I doubt I'll ever see it in another the Daily Mixes, but at least I have the song.

This right here helped me so much because I didn't know the name of the song I was trying to undo the dislike on. I followed this to get the song name, then followed the other recommended steps to toggle between listening on two devices so I could at least add the song to my "Liked from Radio" playlist.

Suggested posts