Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding local files to new songs feature

Solved!

Adding local files to new songs feature

Hello, new to the forum.

The songs feature seems to be a step in the right direction, however what is holding this feature back is the inability to add local files into the mix. 

Some of the music I listen to do not put their music on spotify, which I download and put onto playlists in spotify. When I click 'Save', it says 'Saved to Your Music'. Yet, this is wrong as it is not saved and nowhere to be seen.

My question is, can this be done already I'm just missing something? Or, if not (which I assuming is wrong), is there any chance this issue could be addressed?

Thanks. I can add screenshots if anybody is unsure of what I am speaking of.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately the Your Music system does not currently support local files (that can't be linked to tracks in the Spotify catalogue). It is something the Spotify devs are aware off.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately the Your Music system does not currently support local files (that can't be linked to tracks in the Spotify catalogue). It is something the Spotify devs are aware off.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is Spotify going to fix this? Not being able to save local files that aren't in Spotify's library to Your Music is a pain.

I am speaking from the FuTuRe......

No, they will not...

sorry

Suggested posts