Free

Country

United States

Device

Iphone 6

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

The ads are completely messed up. There are so many problems I'm going to put them in a list.

1. When I'm not in the spotify app, and the option option to watch a video to get 30 minutes of ad-free music, I have to go into the app and press a button to accept. However, whenever I press the button, the next song starts playing, and the video doesn't even play. But then inevitably there will be a regular ad right after that song.

2. When I'm in the app, and don't have to push a button to accept watching a video, the video will play, but then there will be ads again 2 to 3 songs later.

3. Regular ads play way too often. Like, every 2 songs.

4. The same ad will often play twice in a row in a run of ads.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Please make sure you have all the latest updates installed, as I checked you had iOS 10 and the latest version of iOS is iOS 12. Have you had the chance to try this on a different network? ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Please make sure you have all the latest updates installed, as I checked you had iOS 10 and the latest version of iOS is iOS 12. Have you had the chance to try this on a different network? ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have updated my device to IOS 12, and Spotify seems to be working now. Thanks!

Really happy that you solved it! ๐ŸŽ‰

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.0.1 ๐Ÿ˜„

Suggested posts