Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplane Mode - Playlist not usable

Solved!

Airplane Mode - Playlist not usable

Hi,

I'm using (premium) spotify (1.0.0.3251) on my iphone 5 (ios 7.1) and to prevent high data volume due to streaming, I have tagged most of my playlist as "available offline". Everything works fine so far, but if I switch my iPhone to airplane mode and open spotify afterwards, I can not usable read the playlist because the interpret and album name ist missing. (please see the attached file for example)

if I just switch spotify itself to offline mode (instead of airplane mode), everything works fine.

so for me it seems that spoitfy needs to have an internet connection at all.

Are there any plans to change this in furture so that the necessary details will be stored locally ?

Foto 15.04.14 10 15 54.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try updating to v1.1 from App Store and see if that makes any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

It is worth trying a quick phone restart by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen. Once it has restarted, try Spotify again. Any difference? 

Peter

Hi,

sorry, absolutely no difference. And I don't think this is an individual problem, I can reproduce this with my old Iphone4 as well!

Just tested this out on my 4S:
- Quit Spotify
- Airplane mode on
- Launch Spotify

Everything displays normally. How many playlists do you have?

Peter

Hi,

I have 2 folders. in the first folder 2 playlists and in the second 19 playists.

how did you quit spotify? by just pressing the homebutton once ? or did you kill the process by pressing the button twice and swipe the app up ? 

Pressed twice and swiped to kill the app. Not sure what is going on here.

Peter

OK, what I mean is:

If you press the homebutton once, spotify ist not really closed, it is still running in the background.

but if you press the homebutton twice you will see the apps which are running in the background. and if you now swipe spotify, the spotify process will be "killed". 

then put the iphone in airplane mode an open spotify again.

And now?
Marked as solution

Can you try updating to v1.1 from App Store and see if that makes any difference?

Peter

Hi,

Oh yes, it makes any difference... obviously it has been fixed in the new version 🙂
Many thanks

Suggested posts