NEXT STEP

Airpods next track feature doesn't do the same thing as the app button

Solved!

Airpods next track feature doesn't do the same thing as the app button

Plan Premium

Australia

Device (iPhone X, Airpods 2)

My Question or Issue

While listening to an album on the Spotify app on the iPhone, if I click the next track button, it goes to the next track on the album (as I would expect it to). However, if I double tap the airpods, which are setup as "next track", it instead goes to another completely different track from a different artist, which I am guessing is from a radio playlist? This is very annoyingm, as I want to go to the next track in the current playlist which is the album I am listening to.

Can I make the airpods double tap be the same as the "next track" button in the app?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts