Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Akbum and Artist view on iPad doesn't work

Solved!

Akbum and Artist view on iPad doesn't work

Hi

I have Spotify Premium on my iPhone and iPad. On my iPhone, when I have the Play-View with the cvet of the current played song I can tap on the symbol with the tree points to see for examle the corresponding album or artist. But on the iPad I didn't have the symbol with the tree points. I thought that on iPad it's the symbol with the tree people resp. heads, but when I click there nothing is happen? Whats the symbol with the tree heads because nothing happen when I click on this symbol? And what I have to do resp. where I have to click to see the artist or album of the current played song on iPad?

Many thanks and best regards
Deanz

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Deanz @BelindaSimcox To see the artist or album view: you can either PRESS AND HOLD a song in the playlist or click on the tiny album art at the now playing player below and click on the artist or album title in the album art popup.

Give a shot.

Jeremy.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

@Deanz @BelindaSimcox To see the artist or album view: you can either PRESS AND HOLD a song in the playlist or click on the tiny album art at the now playing player below and click on the artist or album title in the album art popup.

Give a shot.

Jeremy.

I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks @jeremygoh that's useful as a temporary slower work around however there is definitely still a bug on the iPad app. Here's where it occurs:

When you display the current track that's playing to full screen on the iPad, in that full screen mode, touch the artwork to then display the 5 icons along the bottom. The bug is in the second icon from the right - the artist icon (3 little heads) no longer activates from that screen. Previously it used to open up a full height panel on the right listing all information relating to that artist (artist, related artists, top hits, albums etc etc), but now it doesn't.

I've looked through the "Bugs" thread (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/bd-p/Bugs) but Spotify have not got this particular bug listed yet. Towards getting this registered as a bug, @per @David @Sam and @Jack I see you were contributors on that Bug thread. Please would you add this bug please. Thanks.

I have been using Spotify premium on the iPad for a couple of years now, using that artist icon regularly in full screen mode to discover new music, and the bug has only recently started in last few weeks or so. I wonder if it was introduced with a recent version release?

By the way I'm tech savvy and work in the mobile software industry so feel free to ping me if there's any further details you need that would be useful. I'm running iOS 7.1.2 and the latest version of spotify 1.4.1

Thanks all. Looking forward to this getting fixed and discovering music as easily as previously.

you're absolutely right Belinda. I'm having the exact same issue. I'm going to pass this on to somebody internally who can hopefully send it onwards to the technical team.

Can confirm this is an issue, I will also raise it via the Rock Star channel. I will give making a full bug report a miss for the time being since this is the only report.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter__ and other Rockstars, this is the problem for clarification.. (just added this into the rockstar channel too)
@BelindaSimcox thank you so much for the heads up

Here's how it looks like, see attachment below

I'm here to shuffle!

image.jpg

Awesome @Jeremygoh! A picture paints a thousand words - Thanks, that screengrab shows exactly the issue.

I'm just a newbie - joined only a couple of days ago in deperation to get to the bottom of this bug which has been annoying me for weeks. Excited to discover how wonderfully responsive and helpful you've all been. Truely rockstars, thanks @vyxl, @Peter and @Jeremygoh, (and @Deanz for giving me somewhere to start).

@Jeremy

Big thanks for the great help! For my (for the moment) these informations resp. solutions are useful and ok! Nevertheless the symbol with the tree little heads could eventually work again someday ;-)!

Best regards,

Deanz

I am getting the artwork only on my iPad mini. I just about see a bit of the title underneath but that's it. So it's impossible for me to turn off shuffle for example. Can anyone help please

i have managed to solve the issue myself. I deleted the app and re-installed it.  I am not sure what the underlying problem is but this is the second time I have had to do this in the past few months. Could be something aligned to iOS and/or Spotify updates and will be worth checking to see if the two are linked.

Suggested posts